"I Think We Need To Have A Mommy-Martian Chat"

A/N: Again two pics, top one is Kevin, Angela and Esther and the bottom one is Josh and Zoe :)

Chapter 15:

Christmas Afternoon: Kaplan Family Ranch:

Avi, Kirstie and the girls are, of course, the last ones there. Avi walks in armed with Giselle and Aurelia, and Kirstie has Bella and is tightly holding onto Marcia's hand. She is almost immediately able to hand Bella off to Shelly then leads Marcia to an empty corner in the dining room.
     "What's wrong?" Shelly asks as Avi leans down to kiss her on the cheek.
     "Marcia did something pretty bad before we left and we didn't want to be even more late so we're putting her in the corner here for ten minutes," he explains.
     "Oh, that's a shame," Shelly frowns.
     Avi nods, "Sure is." He crouches down to release the babies. "Hey, Josh, Kev, do you mind helping me get the food and everything from the car?"
     "Of course," Kevin smiles, getting up off the sofa, Josh does too and the three men go out the front door.
     Kirstie walks back into the room to find her other two babies pleasantly occupied by their cousins, Sebastian, Matthew and Jayden. The boys were happy that a baby is here now that they can touch, Angela is just too little. Seb and Matt automatically scoop up one each, leaving Jayden to just look at them; he is after all closer to them in age than his brothers. He will just patiently wait until the other one is put on the floor too, because he is allowed to hold one, he is big enough, Uncle Avi said so.
     It isn't long before Bella is on the ground too, that is all the cousins except Marcia and Angela, Angela is still in her Grandpa's arms and Marcia is still in the corner. There are eight of them all together, but of course the adults knew the truth about Marcia that the children didn't need to know. But it's Christmas, so things don't need to go to the negative place.
     Avi, josh and Kevin come back with everything from the car, Josh and Kev have the food stuffs and Avi has the baby stuffs. And as soon as Avi enters his babies start squirming in their cousin's arms, they wanted him because they hadn't seen him in a whole two minutes! The horror. And one of the babies starts crying, two guesses who... Bella of course. Avi drops everything and collects her, but it's too late, or is it just jealousy? Because off goes Giselle then Aurelia, and on a completely unrelated note: Angela. Jayden sits on the floor with his hands over his ears, a frown in place.
     "How often does that happen? It's like dominoes," Zoe, Josh's wife comments as she tries not to laugh.
     "Too often," Kirstie sighs, picking up the baby in yellow as her mother-in-law picks up the baby in blue.
     "Are they allowed to eat candy?" Shelly asks as she slowly and carefully kneels down in front of the coffee table covered in snack foods, namely a big bowl of candies.
     "Oh they love chocolate," Kirstie smiles, nodding at the little bars in the bowl.
     Shelly unwraps one for Aurelia who instantly shoves as much as she can into her mouth. Avi bends to pick out a couple more, handing one to Kirstie for Giselle.
     "Has it been ten minutes yet?" Shelly asks, she wants to give out her grandchildren's presents.
     Kirstie checks her phone that Giselle tries to grab with chocolatey hands, "Not quite, another two minutes." She goes to put down her phone but thinks better of it and hands it to Avi, he could keep it in his pocket since she didn't have any, nor her bag, as for skirts: fashionable not practical.
     "Can't you let her out a minute early, it is Christmas after all," Shelly pleads.
     "Mom's just itching to give out her gifts," Avi chuckles turning to Kirstie. "Marcia won't know it wasn't ten," he shrugs.
     Kirstie nods and hands Giselle over to Zoe, who is pretty eager to hold a baby; she'd always wanted a girl.
     Kirstie enters the dining room and Marcia can hear the click of her mom's heels on the wooden floor, but she doesn't turn around until she's tapped on the shoulder.
     Kirstie sits down with her legs folded up behind Marcia and taps her on the shoulder, the little girl spins around in her spot.
     "I think we need to have a Mommy-Martian chat," she says and Marcia nods because this is what always happens. "Do you know what you did wrong?"
     "I squirted the toothpaste in the sink," she mumbles.
     "Yes you did, you made a mess of it then blamed it on Olaf, that wasn't very nice either," Kirstie chastises.
     "I'm sorry," she pouts.
     "That's good to hear but you're still not getting your hatchimal back until the end of the  week."
     "What if it hatches without me?"
     "It won't," Kirstie assures her, knowing that it physically couldn't. "And another thing sweetheart, no matter how mad you are at someone, never tell them you hate them. That is one of the worst things you could say and it really hurt Daddy's feelings. So before you go and play with your cousins I'd like you to go apologize to Daddy and give him a big hug. Then say hi to Grandma and Grandpa, okay?" she raises an eyebrow.
     "I can do that," the six-year-old nods, standing up with her mom.
     "Good girl," Kirstie leans down and presses a kiss to Marcia's dark hair then lets her run off, following a lot slower.
     Marcia runs straight up to Avi and cuddles up against him, her arms wrapped solidly around his hips. "I'm sorry I said I hated you and wished you weren't my daddy, it's not true. I love you very very very very very much," Marcia squeezes him and he goes red in the face, but not from the squeeze.
     Avi can feel his family's eyes on him, they all heard her, they all know what she said to him, his mind goes to where their thoughts could go, and it's embarrassing. He doesn't want them to know she'd said that because they know the truth and that just makes it so much worse. He brushes Marcia's hair back, quietly thanking her for her apology then as soon as she lets him go he leaves the room. Kirstie already knows she's said everything she can about the situation and so leaves him to his moment alone, maybe that's exactly what he needs.

A/N: There's the bonus chapter and now who knows when the next I update will be XD
Kidding, I'll update something as soon as I can :)

Hannah.