"It's Too Late To Be On The Naughty List?"

A/N: I do believe there will be one more Christmas chapter, the part with Avi's family so that'll be fun :)

Chapter 13:

Christmas Day:

Unbelievably Kirstie and Avi were awake before Marcia. They'd told her they wouldn't get up before 7:30, it is 7:40 and she hadn't stormed the room yet. Kirstie sits reading while Avi decided to get dressed. Kirstie is waiting is waiting until closer to when they leave to go to Avi's parents house for the afternoon to get dressed.
     "I might go and prep some of the stuff I'm taking to mom's," Avi says as he pulls on his special Christmas beanie.
      "Sure thing," she replies, engrossed in her book, only occasionally pushing her glasses back up her nose. "Let Olaf out of his crate too," she calls after him.
     Avi goes into the lounge and does just that, lets Olaf out then makes his way into the kitchen and begins pottering about, doing what needs to be done.
     Kirstie reaches the end of her chapter and gets up to go to the bathroom. She winces, her legs were a little sore after last night, and this is why she wasn't on top often. Walking into the hallway she sees Olaf push his way into Marcia's room. And she has to do a double take because she's sure she see's babies in there.
      She detours, she didn't need to pee that bad anyway. She pushes Marcia's door all the way open, and tries not to laugh. Aurelia, Bella and Giselle were all in Marcia's bed, Olaf is sitting on the end of it and Marcia is knelt at the side with her hand on Aurelia's stomach to keep her still. The babies were babbling and Marcia is shushing them, clearly unaware that her mom is already in the doorway.
     Kirstie doesn't know how long she should wait, Bella and Giselle know she is there and reach out and babble. Marcia would obviously shush them and unintentionally block Aurei's view because if the baby in blue, the smartest baby, could see her mom she'd be cooing too.
     "Marcia," Kirstie says. Olaf perks up and Marcia just about jumps from her skin.
     "They wanted to come in my bed!" She immediately defends herself.
     Kirstie smothers a giggle, "Did they tell you that did they?"
     "They was crying!"
     Kirstie's pierced eyebrow shoots up, her face straight, her arms crossed.
     Marcia guiltily shrinks back against her bedside table. "It's too late to be on the naughty list right?"
      Kirstie tries to stifle another laugh, but lets out a snort that makes her oldest child smile.
      "Okay fine, yes it's too late to get on the naughty list. But you know you're not supposed to take your sisters out of their cribs unless me or daddy are with you."
     "I didn't drop them."
     "I know, and that's good, but that doesn't mean you're allowed to take them out, understood?"
      Marcia nods, "Understood. Is it time to get up now?"
     "Sure is, daddy's already out there," the mom of four smiles.
     "So Santa's been?" She asks in a squeal that makes Olaf leave the room.
     "Yeah, go see," Kirstie chuckles, ushering her out of the room. The mom then rushes over to the bed when Aurelia tries to roll out, no wonder Marcia had kept her hand on this one.

...

The floor is covered in wrapping paper and Aurelia, Bella and Giselle are having a ball. They're giggling like mad and Kirstie's taking little video's and a few pictures of them.
     Avi is in an armchair with Marcia half on the arm rest, half on him as they worked together to figure out the Hatchimal. It says pull out the plug, Avi has pulled out the plug. It's eyes were now red, well the lights in the shell where the eyes would be are red which means that it's supposedly annoyed. But whatever they're trying to do to make it happy wasn't working. Marcia is rubbing at the top of the egg while takes another look at the instructions.
     Avi sighs as he reads it, "Try petting the bottom of the egg Martian, I think the top is for when he's hatched." As Marcia does as he says and it works, the eyes go pink, he has to resist the urge to roll his eyes , it was so simple.
     "What does pink mean daddy?"
     He looks at the booklet again, "Hear my heartbeat."
     She holds the egg up to her head and smiles as she hears a small thumping. "Listen daddy!" she holds it up to his ear next.
     "That's so cool!" He tells her as he hears it himself.
     "It's gonna be like my own little baby but it's an animal," she grins, hugging the egg close. "If I put it in my tummy will it hatch quickerly? Or do I have to sit on it?"
     Avi laughs, "Neither Martian, follow the instructions, his eyes are blue now."
     "Oh no, what does that mean?"
     "Well he's either scared or sad... aww that's no good," he pretend pouts.
     Marcia tries not to laugh at her dad's silly face because it's more important to be looking after her egg.

A/N: I hope you all enjoyed that and Happy New Year :)

Hannah