What is Love? (Marshpple)

(A/N: Im a bit too excited to be writing this so yeah! Enjoy!)

It was a quiet night at Hotel OJ, and a certain someone couldn't sleep. It was Marshmallow. She shook in her sleep as her head filled with thoughts of Apple's and Bow's words, and the memories of Apple and her. She couldn't hold anymore tears back from her eyes, so she buried her face into her pillow and softly sobbed to herself, saying Apple's name over and over again.

Apple woke up to soft sniffles and coughs from another room, and walked towards her door to get out. Her hand rubbed her eyes as she silently opened the door and made her way to the door she could hear it from. Apple softly knocked on the door and waited for a response.

Marshmallow heard a soft knocking on her door and silently said "Come in." She turned to her door to see who it was, and saw it was Apple. "A-Apple? What are you doing here?" She asked in a panic. "I woke up to someone crying and saying my name. W-Was it you?" Apple asked in confusion. Marshmallow nodded with a bit of nervousness. Apple sat on the edge of Marshmallow's bed and smiled. "Wanna talk about it?"

Marshmallow took a deep breath and looked Apple straight in the eyes. "Listen Apple, I..I'm sorry for acting so rude to you-" "What does rude mean?" "It means to be mean or bully you." "Oh, okay." "And I'm sorry that I...blamed everything on you. It was all Bow. She told me she possessed you. Possessed means to take control of someone's body or to have something." Apple made a face like she understood and nodded.  "Marsh, it's okay. I forgive you, whatever that means." Apple giggled. "No matter what, we'll always be friends!" She scooted to Marsh and gave her a comforting hug. Marshmallow smiled and hugged back.
"There's something else I wanted to talk to you about, Apple. I just hope that it doesn't make you angry at me or hate me. That's the last thing I want especially after making up." Marshmallow gave a slight smirk. "What's up, Marshy?" Apple asked with a lot of curiosity. This made Marshmallow want to tell her more.

"The other reason why I was crying, was because I missed you so much. You're an awesome girl Apple, and you make me so happy, I can't find the words to say it. But, I need to get two things off my chest." She said in a sweet tone, hoping Apple would understand. She did. "S-so..I'm a l-lesbian.." Marshmallow said and winced, hoping Apple knew the word. "What's a lesbian?" Apple asked. "A lesbian is someone who has more attraction to girls. Attraction, before you ask, means that you find yourself drawn to them. And it makes you like them." Marshmallow said calmly. Apple's face lit up like a Christmas tree. "W-wow! I never knew that's what it was called! You know, I've also felt myself drawn to the girl contestants lately. I don't know necessarily why, but something about them intrigues me, whatever that means." Apple said happily. "Apple, you're lesbian too?!" Marshmallow asked. "Yep!" Apple replied.

"And there's another thing. I found myself drawn to...you recently. Apple, what I feel towards you is love."

"What is love..?"

"Love is a strong feeling towards someone. It can be used in many contexts. Friends, family, couples, married couples, you name it! But I..I feel the "couple" love towards you..Apple."

"Oh Marshmallow..I...I do too.." Apple stuttered out.
Marshmallow scooted closer to Apple and held her hand, their lips getting closer. Marshmallow closed the space in a passionate but gentle kiss. Apple's eyes widened in confusion, but she closed her eyes and kissed back. Once they pulled away, Apple straight away asked "What was that?"

"A kiss, Apple of my eye.."