Love in an Alternate Universe (Salt x Test Tube)

(A/N: This one will most likely be longer, but here it is @Ship_Captain_Hat )

Test Tube was in her lab, fixing her calculator after the long day of competing in a coal mining challenge. She wanted to make sure that things went better than they did last time, because in her eyes, what happened was chaotic, despite her having fun with Lightbulb. 

After making a couple more kinks on the machine, Test Tube took off her metal lab mask, and wiped her forehead. "Whew! Now things can go much smoother than before." she said with a slight smirk. Little did everyone on the show know, but she was using the time calculator to make her easily win challenges, AKA cheating. 

Test Tube took off her lab stuff, and took the machine in her hands. She actually had wanted to see if the alternate reality where Pepper and Salt were the hosts of their own show with those crazy contestants. It's not possible, but it could happen.  So she typed in the date in which Lightbulb put in to go to "The Crappy Cliff" episode. The machine whizzed and buzzed, a green portal popping up after. Test Tube walked into it, and there she was, with those stylistically challenged versions of the original cast. She looked for Salt and Pepper, because she had to change the reality to make the new one happen. 

She walked over, the two arguing about jumping off the cliff. Salt paused and pointed to Test Tube, but before Salt or Pepper could say anything, Test Tube just pushed them off. She knew she'd have to make things right later. 

Then she typed in random numbers like her yellow lit friend did, and POOF!

Thermos was screaming in her face again. Frank greeted her with a snap and a "sup?" Kumquat came up to her and looked at her, as if he had recognized her. "Science glass?" he asked. Test Tube nodded with a small smile, a small drop of sweat running down her forehead. "Yep, that's me..hah.." she answered nervously. 

Shell, Bandana, Hay Bale, and the others came up to her as well, and smiled with joy. "Test Tube's back!" Hay Bale yelled in her thick country accent. Everyone tackled Test Tube happily, leaving Test Tube in a fit of giggles.

"Get, like, away, from her." Someone said out loud. Everyone backed away, and Test Tube sat up, to see Salt standing there. She smiled and waved shyly at the condiment. Salt sneered at the action, and motioned her to get up. Test Tube did so. "You, come with me. We, like, need to talk."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salt brought Test Tube to a more private place. She had already told Pepper what was going on. Pepper just smirked at Test Tube and nodded. 

The two girls arrived in a small patch of forestry, and sat on a log. Salt took a deep breath and shuddered at what she was about to say. 

"Test Tube," she started, "I, like, know this is unlike me to say, but, like, I'm sorry for mistreating you back then. I eventually escaped the black hole, and made up with Pepper. I couldn't feel like, myself, without getting to apologize. You aren't ugly at all. In fact," Test Tube looked down in insecurity, but Salt put a hand under her chin and made her look at Salt, "You're beautiful." She said with a smile. Test Tube gave a small blush and giggled. "No one's ever called me beautiful before." Test Tube mumbled. Salt let go of Test Tube's chin and reached down to grab Test Tube's hand. "Well, you're really beautiful." Salt smiled and cupped the other's cheek with her hand, leaning in. Test Tube almost froze, but then followed suit. Salt and Test Tube touched lips and Test Tube tilted her head to deepen it a little.

After a couple, Salt pulled away, leaving Test Tube speechless and breathless.

"I guess this won't be too bad." Test Tube remarked with a smirk. Salt chuckled and squeezed the other's hand. 

Now she just had to keep this from everyone. Hue Hue.