Million Dollar Bills

1//

*Marco De Luca POV*

"This is ridiculous. I shouldn't be getting fired. I didn't do anything!" Clarissa shouts. She had worked here for three months; she was a slacker and didn't complete any of her tasks.

I can't have people like her in my company, but I needed a personal assistant so I let her have a three month trial. "Exactly Clarissa, you don't do anything at all. That is why I'm replacing you with someone who can actually get the job done" I say, calmly.

She huffs angrily and walks out of my office. I watch her as she takes her things from her desk and packs them in the box I had supplied her.

She glares at me and stomps off towards the elevator. I wave goodbye sarcastically and sigh, relieved that she has finally gone.

I hate that woman, every morning I would receive constant glaring.

I'm 24 years old. I was 18 when I finished high school and took over this million dollar business, from my father. My father's father started this company, and passed it on to my father, and he passed it on to me.

Eventually I will pass it on to my seven month old son, Fabian (once he turns 18 of course). With his mother running out on him, I'm the only parent figure in his life.

His conception ended my relationshiop with my long-term girlfriend Beth. We had been dating for 2 years until she left me with our son and decided to travel the world.

My mother was very upset, but she loved Fabian, which is all that I need. Except for a mother for Fabian, that's extremely important.

I'm not happy about how my relationship ended, but I am happy that I got Fabian out of all of this. I admit that I do still have some feelings for Beth, but they weren't as strong as they once were.

Beth didn't want anything to do with Fabian, threatening to have an abortion. I convinced her to have the baby and she agreed that I would have full custody of him.

She gave birth to Fabian and then disappeared off the face of the earth. She was known for disappearing for months at a time to go overseas and travel.

My mother and father were disappointed in Beth, they thought she was the one for me. They were shocked about Fabian but extremely excited to finally have a grandchild from their only child.

My mother however, told me that Fabian needed a mother and that I needed someone too. I knew I needed to find a girl, a good girl.

Someone who would treat Fabian as her own. What I didn't know was that she was about to walk right through my office doors.