9//

*Marco De Luca POV*

I rang the doorbell and waited for Addison to open the door. I heard footsteps on the other side then the door gently swung open. "Marco. Come in" She motioned me forward and I stepped inside.

Her apartment was fairly large. It looked lonely with just her in it. Maybe we could move in together somewhere else. Then neither of us will have to be alone. I hate being alone.

We'll go somewhere all three of us could be a family. "I brought the Merlot and some chocolate covered strawberries. Is that okay?" I said, feeling unsure. She smiled at me and took the wine from my hands.

"It's perfect" She reassures. "Do you want to have dinner first or watch a movie?" She asked. "Dinner" I answered. She nodded and showed me to the small kitchen.

There was a covered frying pan on the stove and two bowls set on the bench. "I hope you like risotto. It's my great grandmothers recipe" She took the lid of the pan and I started drooling.

The risotto looked delicious. "So what movie would you like to watch tonight?" I asked. She started spooning the risotto into the bowls and then slid one across the bench to me. "I don't know. You're the guest you can decide"

She sat down beside me and started eating her food. "Maybe a scary movie that leaves you curled up in a ball on my chest. Or a romantic movie where we can make out half way through" She laughed and slapped my shoulder playfully.

"Very funny. But you'd be the one curled up because of a stupid scary movie" I smirked at her and ate my dinner. "Please. Don't be so sure of yourself. I'm braver than I look" I replied.

"Yeah you do look kind of wimpy" She joked. I laughed and poured her a glass of wine. "Do you really think so?" I asked, frowning. She shook her head.

"I was joking, Marco. Relax. Why are you so anxious all of a sudden?"

"I'm anxious?" I asked, eyes wide. She nodded, "Yes, it's quite obvious seeing as your clutching my hand like your life depends on it" She says.

I chuckled hastily removing my hand, "Sorry about that. I didn't realise. Sorry" We finished our dinner and headed to the lounge room with our wine glasses.

I picked out 'How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days' and put it on. Addison laughed at my choice. "Don't think we're making out half way through buddy"

"No you're right. We should get it out of the way right now" I took her by surprise and pulled her into me. We kissed for a good ten minutes before we pulled away to watch the movie.

Half way through we didn't make out but we had something else in mind. She showed me to her room and we decided to check out her bed.

Lucky I thought ahead and brought protection. I wasn't a complete fool.

We'll not after Fabian happened.

"Marco...Marco stop...stop" I pulled away from her neck to look up at her. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Do you smell that?" I sniffed the air and smelt something burning.

"Oh my god! I forgot to turn off the stove!" She cried. She jumped up from the bed and flung my shirt over her head. I quickly put on my pants and ran out after her.

I stopped in the door way to the lounge room. I could see from here that the entire kitchen was enveloped in flames. The lounge room would soon go up aswell.

Addison was swearing and trying to find her phone. "Oh my god! Oh my god! Call the fire brigade!" I nodded and pulled out my mobile.

I called the fire brigade and watched as Addison tried to reach the fire extinguisher. "Addison don't go in there! You could get hurt! Stay here! Don't leave me alone!" She turned back around and ran into the bedroom.