7//

*Marco De Luca POV*

I jolted awake, sitting up in bed. My whole body was dripping with sweat, my bed sheets soaked. My little friend was standing at attention. That was the most vivid dream I have ever had.

I got up and walked to the bathroom. Rinsing my body off in the cold shower water. When I came back out, I heard Fabian crying through the monitor.

I threw on some track pants and ran into his nursery. He was wailing and squirming about in his cot. I lifted him from his bed and held him to my chest. I rocked him softly, trying to soothe him.

He started quieting down and I sighed, relieved. Sometimes he would stay up for hours on end, just crying. I could never figure out the cause of his tears though.

"It's okay Fabian, it's alright. Daddy's got you" He stopped crying and started hiccupping. I checked the clock above his bed to see it was 5:39 in the morning.

I decided it wasn't too early to start the day, so I carried Fabian to his change table and started dressing him. I changed his nappy quickly, Fabian laughing at me.

He squirmed and giggled as I put on his shirt and pants. I grabbed his shoes and slipped them on, picking him up and carrying him downstairs to the kitchen.

I grabbed a bottle of formula from the fridge and placed it in the microwave to heat it up. I put Fabian down in his high chair as I made myself breakfast.

The doorbell suddenly rang. Who would be coming over at six in the morning?

I glanced over at Fabian who was intrigued by the patterns on his shirt, and ran over to the door. I opened it and saw Addison standing on the front porch.

She smiled at me, "Good morning" "Good morning. Would you like to come in?" I asked hopefully. She nodded and stepped into the house.

I closed the door behind her and followed her to the kitchen. Fabian looked up and recognized Addison, throwing his hands up at her. She laughed and picked him up.

"Good morning to you too, Fabian" He giggled at her and snuggled into her chest. The microwave timer went off and I walked forward to get it out.

I handed the bottle to Addison and she fed Fabian. "What brings you over here?" I asked curiously.

Maybe she had the same dream, and came over to fulfil it? Highly unlikely though. "You have some folders to look at, so I brought them over" She pointed to the folders on the bench and I picked them up.

I honestly didn't want to read them, so I put them aside to read later. I watched her as she cooed at Fabian. "Would you mind if I grabbed a drink?" She asked.

"Yeah sure, what would you like?" She looked around the kitchen. "Would a hot chocolate be available?" I grinned. "I am well known for my amazing hot chocolate making skills. You came to the right person"

I spun around as she laughed, heading to the cupboard. I pulled out a mug and started making two hot chocolates.

"What are you planning to do today?" Addison asked, walking around the bench to put Fabian's bottle in the dishwasher.

"I was planning on taking Fabian to the park" I watched her anxiously, "Would you like to join us?" She smiled at me shyly. "Sounds great" I placed her hot chocolate on the bench and took Fabian from her.

She thanked me and sat down. I took Fabian into the lounge room and placed him on his play mat, turning the TV on to The Wiggles. Fabian squealed and bounced to the music.

I chuckled and kissed his head, walking back to Addison. "Are you going to look at the files?" Addison asked.

I shook my head, "I will look at them later. How are you feeling? Did you sleep well?" She smiled and nodded. "I'm feeling great. What about you?"

"Better since you got here" I moved closer to her and caressed her cheek. Her eyes fluttered closed, and she sighed. I kissed her temple, leaving my lips there for a moment longer.

"Marco who was at the door?" I looked up to find my mother in her night gown, standing on the steps. She glanced at Addison and I and then to Fabian.

She was staying a few nights to see Fabian then heading off to Milan for a fashion show. "Addison, what are you doing here at 8:30 in the morning?" She asked.

"I dropped off some files for Marco to look at" Addison answered, glancing over to Fabian who was crawling towards us. Addison bent down and picked him up, bouncing him in her arms.

"Cosa sta succedendo figlio? (What is going on son?)" Mother asked. "In realtà non è tua madre aziendale (It isn't really your business mother)" I answered.

She narrowed her eyes at me and walked towards us. "Stai dormendo con lei? (Are you sleeping with her?)" She frowned at Addison, who was cooing at Fabian.

"Nessuna madre. Perché si salta sempre alle conclusioni? La amo (No mother. Why do you always jump to conclusions? I love her)" She aimed her frown at me and shook her head.

"Io non sono così sicuro di lei. Suo padre possiede un negozio di auto. Che tipo di padre solleva la loro figlia in questo ambiente? Lei non è certo una signora (I'm not so sure about her. Her father owns an auto shop. What kind of father raises their daughter in that environment? She is hardly a lady)"

Her comment got me, how dare she! "Non parlare di lei in quel modo! Lei è bella e mi piace di lei. Non parlare così umile di lei davanti a me o te ne pentirai! (Do not speak about her like that! She is beautiful and I love her. Do not speak so lowly of her in front of me or you will regret it!)" I shouted.

She huffed, glaring at the back of Addison's head. Then she turned and walked back to the upstairs guest's room. I felt a hand on my arm and then Addison's fingers gently prying open my fist.

I didn't notice I had it clenched. She gave me a small smile and I smiled in return. "Is everything okay?" She asked. I nodded and looked to the floor.

Fabian was staring up at us, his little fist in his mouth. Addison must have put him down during my mother and I's heated argument. I leaned down and picked Fabian up, kissing his forehead.

He watched Addison from my arms as she smiled at him. "Are we still going to the park? Is Giulia joining us?" I shook my head. "We are still going but she isn't coming" She nodded in understanding.

"Can you hold Fabian while I get ready?" I asked. "Sure" She took Fabian from me and I sprinted to my room.

I found my favourite pair of chinos and dark blue short sleeved shirt and threw them on. I grabbed my black vans and put them on, running into Fabian's room.

I packed his teddy and some nappies, and walked into the kitchen. I made two bottles up and put some biscuits in a container in case he gets hungry.

I grabbed Fabian's pram and folded it so it would fit in the boot of the car. Once everything was packed, we headed out to my car and put the pram in the back.

Addison put Fabian in his car seat and then sat in the passenger's seat. I jumped into the driver's side and drove to the park.