28//

*Addison De Luca POV*

I watch as Fabian sits on the floor. His hair is in his eyes, he needs a haircut. I sigh as he plays with his toy train.

What am I supposed to do? Fabian doesn't deserve this. Marco's his father. I can't keep him from his own father.

Casper is sitting on the floor across from me, playing with Fabian. Fabian is still a little bit shy around him but when Casper gives him cookies, he's fine.

Fabian looks up at me, like he is reading my mind. "Mumma" He says crawling over to me.

"Hey baby boy, what are you doing? Is that a train?" I coo at him. He giggles and squirms in my arms, reaching for the toy train.

He clutches it to his chest and grins at me. He looks so much like his dad, it hurts. I don't know what's going on with Marco.

He used to be completely normal. He never got drunk whenever he felt like it. He never slept with other people.

And he never lied to me. Something is definitely going on. He clearly has some serious problems.

I just hope he can get himself out of this rut, with my help. I've decided to stay. I love him too much to leave. And it's not just me anymore, I have a baby to look after as well as Fabian.

It upsets me that he is acting like this. He never used to act like this. I'm not sure what I should do with him.

Fabian needs to be cared for by his parent, not looked after by a nanny. Eve is fantastic at her job, but I need to start taking care of him full time.

So I've resigned from Marcos company and have become a full time mother. I've got two babies to look after now, and I refuse to let them down. Making a hard and fast decision like this one wasn't easy but I had to go through with it. It's the only way.

There's a loud knock on the front door. I glance up at the clock. It's five thirty in the afternoon, who could be at the door?

Casper stands up and walks to the door. He opens it to reveal Marco with an anxious expression on his face.

"May I come in?" He asks Casper cautiously. Casper eyes him suspiciously, but still let's him in.

"Hi" I whisper. "Hi" He whispers back. He has dark circles under his eyes and he looks like death. "Are you alright?" I ask him gently. He looks down at the ground then looks back up at me. He gives me a gentle smile.

"I'm fine, I just wanted to see you and Fabian" I nod and gesture to the toddler staring down at his train. Marco sits down next to him and starts talking to him.

I decide to give him a minute and go to the kitchen, Casper following behind me. "Addison, can I tell you something?" Casper asks.

"Yes, of course. What's wrong?" I watch him carefully as he fiddles with his shirt sleeve.

"Well, do you remember my ex-girlfriend Nancy?" I nod. "Well apparently when we broke up...she was pregnant" He says. "Oh. How long ago was that?" I question.

"Two years, three months" He mutters. "Have you been counting?" I ask. He shakes his head, "No, that's how old my daughter is" My eyes widen in shock. "You have a daughter?" I ask.

"Yeah, her name is Emmie" He says. "Have you met her?" I ask. "No, but she's coming over for the weekend. Nancy wants me to bond with her" He says, his hands shaking.

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask. "Because your a parent now, what do I do? What makes a little kid happy?" He asks, panicked. "You can take her to the beach. Fabian and I will come if you want? He's never been to the beach before"

"Okay, yeah. That sounds good" He says and pauses, then quickly walks off. "Okay, then" I mutter and walk back in to the kitchen. Marco is swinging Fabian around and blowing raspberries on his tummy.

I watch silently as Fabian giggles and squirms in his daddy's arms. He's such a great dad. Subconsciously, I put a hand on my stomach. I smile to myself and watch the two bond.