Chapitre 27

/ FRENCH KISSES /

Calvin

My eyes opened hearing the sound of the voices talking. It wasn't just one, there were a lot of them. I smelled something too... The smell of foods and something unfamiliar.

"Oh, my God! Calvin, you're awake!" My sister exclaimed when she saw me, quickly putting down what she was eating and came towards my state. She touched my hair, worry written on her dark eyes. "How are you?"

"W-water," My voice broke soon as I speak. My throat was so dry. Ilang araw ba akong tulog? And why am I here? What happened exactly?

"Water? Water. Water," She looked back and fumbled her way to get me a glass of water. Tinulungan niya akong umupo ng maayos at inumin ang tubig. I just a drank a few drops when there was a knock on the door.

My mother and father came in and when they saw me, they ran hysterically and did exactly what Gab did few minutes earlier.

"Anak, okay ka lang?" Dad asked.

"My son, is there anything else you need?" Mom worriedly asked too, touching my face and all.

"I'm okay now, Mama. Just tell me what happened before I got here."

On the night after my grandparent's anniversary, they saw me at the resort's bar, drunk and almost dead. Not only that, bugbog sarado rin daw ako nung gabing nun. Nakipagsuntukan raw ako sa mga ibang imbitado sa event na iyon na mga pinsan ko raw. What the hell, si Tate lang naman kasi ang kilala kong pinsan and they don't know me as well.

But that wasn't the reason I blacked out.

"You don't remember?" Dad asked.

"Remember what?"

He looked at mom first then back at me, as if he wasn't sure if I should be knowing this or not. "You woke up saying that your memories came back. Tapos bigla ka nalang nagtapon-tapon ng mga gamit sa sobrang galit mo. The anger controlled your mind again that's why you were unconscious for almost 24 hours."

Kumunot ang noo ko sa sinabi ng ama ko. My memories came back?

"I still don't remember anything, Dad." I honestly said.

His brows met in a straight line. "But you almost went crazy in your room shouting dahil sa sobrang galit mo."

"Dad, my memories may or may not be coming back and I still don't give a damn about it anymore," I uttered.

"But your emotions were the one controlling you, Calvin," he argued. "You can now say na hindi na mahalaga ang nakaraan mo, but once it comes back again, you're becoming out of control."

I had a selective amnesia. I don't remember exactly when that happened but I think it was during my high school days. I just woke up from a car accident forgetting everything. My name, my family, my friends, literally everything. So I had to stay in that hospital for half a year to help me cope up with everything. Goddamn it, I even forgot how to write that time!

It was the worst yet most miraculous case. I fell on one of the highest bridges and it was a miracle to find my heart still beating. Marami raw akong pasa at mga baling buto sa katawan but still, I survived.