Chapitre 37

/FRENCH KISSES/

Calvin

"Are you drunk?"

The first question someone asked me the moment I sat on a chair. It was Sam.

I shook my head really hard, making it look like I wasn't really drunk. But Sam didn't buy it.

Now I felt my head juggling and pounding. I put my head down and closed my eyes, calming my mind and my consciousness.

"You are really drunk." I can feel Sam just rolled her eyes as she stood up and moved to another chair.

Nanatili lang ako tahimik na nakaupo at hawak ang ulo ko. Maya-maya pa ay narinig kong may umupo muli sa tabi ko. Hinawakan nito ang ulo ko kaya napagising ako at inangat ang ulo ko.

"Bill,"

"You okay, man?" sagot nito.

"Bakit ka ba kasi uminom?" sunod na tanong ni Flynn sa akin sa likuran ko.

"I was just having fun." 

"Not the right time." Jeth said annoyingly. Apparently, he was really tired of me, my shits, and how fucked-up my life is.

I rolled my eyes in my mind. Hanna invited me to go to a karaoke bar with her, in the middle of the afternoon, knowing we still had night classes. We stayed for three hours and had some drinks. I didn't even know why I joined her. I just thought it seems fun and she told me it's a great way to let out your heart. I didn't realize that I was drinking too much.

And now she was in the comfort room, God knows what she was doing there. Iinom 'tas hindi pala kaya and we're even in the fucking school grounds. Worse, Alecia will be having this class.

"Good evening." Alecia's voice scattered the room.

Tumabi sa akin ng upo si Bill. Si Flynn at Jeth naman ay nasa likod ko. I keep my head high as much as possible, keeping myself from blacking out and trying to look normal and sober. Damn, my head is all over the place.

I ran my hands on my hair upwards, waking myself up. I don't want Alecia to think that I'm not sober while attending her class.

She now called on her daily attendance, as usual. 

"Cal," Jeth gave me a light tap on the back. 

"Present." 

Damn it. Ilang beses ba akong tinawag na hindi ko napansin? I looked at Alecia. She was suspiciously watching me with a hint of disappointment in her eyes.

Standing up, she said: "You may not attend this class if you're not feeling well, or if you're drunk, or high, whatsoever. You may now leave."

Suddenly, the door opened and Hanna with her drunken, rosy cheeks appeared and took a sit beside Bill. I can now sense everyone was looking at Hanna. 

"As I was saying...," Inulat naman ni Alecia ang sinabi nito bago lang. Then everyone's silent, just waiting for Alecia to begin her class. No way I'm going out. Hindi ko alam pero bigla ako nakaramdam ng hiya kapag malalaman niyang lasing nga ako at pumasok pa sa klase niya.

She would think again that I am really a disrespectful student. Na na-realize ko na tama nga naman. Hay.

"Hehe. I don't think anyone's drunk, high, whatsoever,"

Nakanganga akong napatingin kay Hanna, at ganon rin si Bill na sa tabi niya lang. Lumingon naman si Hanna kay Bill, tapos sa akin, tapos kay Flynn at Jeth sa likuran namin.