[08]

---

---

"I like this one," Jess told us, hanging the dress in front of her, the hanger around her neck. Angela mumbled something in reply, but I didn't quite catch it. "But I don't know about the one-shoulder thing." I nodded in agreement.

Angela came out of the dressing rooms, wearing a lavender dress. The beading covered different areas of it, creating beautiful patterns. It looked amazing.

"I like this one," she stated.

"It's cute," I muttered as I flicked through the dresses, trying to find the perfect one.

"Yeah, I like the beading," Bella told her. I quickly picked out my dress, going to slip into it.

"Jess, what do you think? Lavender?" Angela asked as I jumped up and down pulling the dress upwards. "Is that good? Is that my colour?"

"I like it. I like that dusty-rose one too." I walked out as Jess spoke, the dress on. It was white, the sleeves only going down to the top of my forearm. The top was like a shirt, buttons that lead to the waist (that flowed outwards slightly and towards the floor) and a collar. All three girls glanced towards me as I spun around slightly, the strangely patterned dress rising slightly.

"Wow, Sky," Angela complimented, making my smile brighten.

"You look great," Jess spoke, turning to look at me briefly. "Okay, I like this one. It makes my boobs look good." Before anyone could say anything there was a knock at the window. A group of men were walking past.

"Hey. Nice," one exclaimed as the rest wolf-whistled. Sticking my middle finger up at them, I turned away (Angela doing the same thing).

"That is uncomfortable," Jess spoke, making me nod in agreement.

"Oh, it's disgusting," Bella mumbled, turning away from the window slightly.

"Pigs." My face turned into one of disgust.

"Bella, Sky, what do you think?" Jessica asked, standing to face her.

"Looks great," Bella replied, barely glancing away from her notebook and at the dress.

"You said that about the last five dresses though," Jess complained, noticing the extreme lack of enthusiasm.

"I thought they were pretty good." She shrugged. I sighed, noticing her disinterest. I thought she'd at least pretend to be intrigued.

"You're not really into this, are you?" Angela questioned, her soft voice saying what we were all thinking.

"I actually, really just wanna go
to this bookstore," she told us. "Meet you guys at the restaurant?" They both nodded as she stood up.

"I can come with you," I offered

"No, it's fine." She shook her head.

"Are you sure?" Jess asked.