The uneasy truce.

Ink and Error stood in fighting stances facing each other in the anti-void. This wasn't their first time fighting, but Ink wished it was their last. It was obvious neither would ever win, so Ink wondered if their was another way.

Ink lowered his oversized paintbrush, and took a small step forward. Error looked shocked, but quickly got over it, and sent blue strings firing at Ink with a growl. Ink simply swiped his brush upwards and dissolved the strings using a special paint. He took another step.

Error now looked flat out confused. No one had ever just blocked his attack. People always sent an attack of their own back. That's how battles worked, Right? So what was Ink doing?

Ink took another step, he couldn't help but smile at Error's look of confusion. Error stood guard, still expecting Ink to attack. Ink was now only 5 steps away. 

After another step Error spoke "What are you doing?"

"Well," Began Ink, "Neither of us seem to be able to defeat the other, so I thought maybe it was time for a truce."

"A truce?" Error searched Ink's face, looking for any sign that he wasn't serious, But all he found was sincerity. He's not joking, he actually wants to make a truce. Error laughed.

"Why would I want to make a truce with you?" He asked.

"Well you don't have anyone to talk to or confide in, and everyone needs company, even those who deny it. I know we're enemies, but really what's the point of that? Why fight? Is what we're fighting over really that important?" Ink took another step, and Error stepped back.

"You just want me to stop destroying! You don't care how I feel about it! You just want me to stop!" Error snapped stepping backwards again, error signs covering his eyes.

"No I don't Error..." Ink sighed. "Look, you can come live in my house. I'll give you food and anything else you want, and you don't even have to stop destroying. You just have to not try to kill me."

Error looked like he was contemplating what Ink was saying, and the error signs were slowly disappearing. Filled with new hope Ink continued to sweeten the deal. Taking a step forward he started to speak again "We don't even have to talk if you don't want to, if you want me to leave you alone just say so, and if you want some company we can hang out. I could even introduce you to my best friends. They're really nice and wouldn't judge you." Ink had taken steps forward during his speech, and was now right in front of Error, but not touching him. Ink remembered that error didn't like physical contact.

"How... why... what..." Error looked into Ink's eyes with desperation. He needed to see that Ink was joking, that Ink was just trying to get him to stop destroying. Because if Ink was serious how could Error say no? The weight of spending years alone in the anti void was crushing Error now that a slither of hope for no longer being lonely had wormed his way into his soul. But Error still had one big doubt. "What would you gain from this?" He asked.

Ink sighed. "That isn't the point of friendship. You don't have friends to gain things from them. You have them to hang out with and have fun with and laugh with. You have them to share interests and inside jokes with. So what you say? Will you be my friend?"

Error slowly nodded his head. It couldn't hurt right?  he reasoned while his soul screamed at him to cling on to the chance of friendship. Ink's eyes lit up when he saw Error nod, and he smiled widely. "Well, onwards to my house then!" Ink painted a portal on the ground and motioned for Error to go through. 

Error stepped into the portal.

As soon as Error disapeered a look of guilt appeared on Ink's face. To be truthful he was doing this to stop Error destroying, but Ink knew it would be a slow process so he wasn't going to bring it up for a long time yet. And who knows, Ink thought as he stepped into the protal, maybe Error will one day decide to stop destroying on his own.