Midnight Conversations.

Error woke up to complete darkness. He couldn't figure out where he was for a moment, and why whatever he was in stopped him from moving his legs and arms. He looked to the right and saw Blue and Dream peacefully asleep and remembered. He was Ink's living room in a sleeping bag. But what had woken him up?

Error looked around the room and his eyes settled on the empty sleeping bag next to him. Where was Ink? Error carefully unzipped his sleeping bag and stood up, trying to not wake Blue or Dream. He stood still for a moment until he was sure they weren't awake, grabbed his glasses, then began tip toeing towards the stairs. He saw a light at the end of the downstairs corridor, coming from Ink's art studio. Filled with confusion as to why Ink was in there this late at night, Error began approaching the door.

As he approached he heard the unmistakable sound of someone drawing. Did Ink usually wake up in the middle of the night to draw? He walked up to the door and opened it more than it already was and peered in. He saw Ink sketching with extreme concentration on his face.

"Ink? Why are you drawing in the middle of the night?" Error asked.

"Huh?" Ink turned from his sketching to look at Error. "Error? What are you doing here?"

"I woke up and saw you weren't in your sleeping bag anymore."

"Oh..." Ink looked guiltily down at the ground. "I didn't mean to wake you, I just woke up and couldn't get back to sleep."

"So you went to draw rather than trying to go back to sleep?" Error was slightly concerned about his friend's actions.

"It happens a lot and I can never get back to sleep so I don't bother anymore." Ink put down his pencil and stood up. "It's fine so you can just go back to sleep."

Error sighed. Despite not having much expirience with talking, Error knew Ink was lying about being fine. People who were fine didn't wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to get back to sleep. "What's wrong Ink?" he asked.

"Nothing!" Ink tried to push Error out the room but Error grabbed his hand, visibly flinching from the contact but not letting go.

Ink blushed and looked down at the ground.

"Ink, please tell me what's wrong. I'm your friend, you can trust me!" Error let go of Ink's hand, and looked at him in concern. 

Ink looked up and locked eyes with Error. Ink sighed and looked back down. "I'm just a bit stressed, Ok Error?"

"Stressed about what?" Error asked.

"..." Ink shifted on the spot. "Stressed about you I guess..."

"Me?" Error was filled with guilt, his past actions of destroying worlds lying heavy on his shoulders.

"Yeah... N-not so much anymore though... It was just when, y'know..." Ink murmured.

"When I used to destroy a lot?" Error's voice was filled with guilt. "...when I still destroy..?"

Ink's head snapped up. "No! Wait, I mean yes to the first question but no to the second! Nowadays I'm just more stressed about your mental health, and those voices too..."

Error rubbed his arm with his hand, "But if me destroying made you stressed before, then wouldn't it still do that?"