Existence

Ink looked thoughtful for a few seconds before seeming to come up with an idea. He suddenly jumped up from Error's lap.

"lets go upstairs for a bit." Ink said, walking off towards the stairs.

"Why?" Error asked, following Ink.

"Incase Dream forgets to knock again." Ink blushed slightly as he responded.

Error chuckled. "Does it really matter that much?"

"Yes!" Ink grabbed Error's hand and pulled him up the stairs. Error co-operated and soon Ink had taken them both into his messy bedroom.

"Now we can have some privacy" Ink said smiling and sitting on his bed. Error sat next to him, seeming deep in thought. Ink looked at him questioningly, but Error didn't notice. Ink frowned and crawled onto Error's lap. "What's wrong?" he asked, looking up at Error.

Error looked off to the side and shrugged. "Nothing."

Ink frowned. "Really?" As Error didn't respond he sat up and grabbed Error's chin, forcing Error to look at him. "What's wrong?" He asked again.

"You don't need to worry about, it's not important." Error responded.

"Don't need to worry!" Ink suddenly yelled. "Do you not remember what happened less than two hours ago?!"

Error winced but looked back at Ink. "I do remember, but it's not important."

Ink sighed. "It's important to me." He stared pleadingly into Error's eyes. "So please, tell me what's wrong."

After a moment of silence, Error spoke. "Why do I exist?" he asked, looking into Ink's eyes. "Why was a destroyer ever created? Was I just made to hurt others?" 

Ink stayed silent, unable to respond. Because he didn't know. All other god like beings in the multiverse seemed to have a clear purpose, even Nightmare had a role he fulfilled. But Error didn't seem to, not a clear one. 

"I don't know." Ink responded, ideas starting to form in his head. "Though you probably do have a role. Maybe that's why you hear voices. And-" Ink stopped himself. The words he was going to say stuck on his tongue. The words that would make every reason he had for ever fighting Error null. Maybe there needs to be someone who destroys worlds. The possibility spun in his head, recalling his old confusion. Why did Error only ever destroy the worlds that were in need of repair? Ink had once thought Error had watched his every move, figured out which worlds Ink hadn't stabilised recently and destroyed them out of spite, but now it seemed like he destroyed whatever the voices told him to. It would make sense if there was a reason.

"And?" Error prompted, interrupting Ink's thoughts, a hopeful expression on his face.

Ink shook his head. "I, can't think of anything else." he replied, the only indication of his lie a small pause.

"Oh." Error looked away again, before wrapping his arms around Ink and pulling him close. 

"I'm sure there is a reason for you existing." Ink said comfortingly, patting Error's back. "We just need to find it."

"Will you help me find it?"

"I will." As long as the reason isn't that someone needed to destroy worlds in the first place.

Error smiled. "Thank you."

There was a loud knock at the door before Ink could respond, announcing the arrival of Dream and Blue.

Author's note.

It's snowing where I live so I'm going to get a day off of school! Which means that I could work on a chapter today rather than my homework.

Also, this book has about 3,000 views and 150 votes now, which is crazy! And so many people are commenting about how they found my book and binge read it or just can't wait till the next chapter, and as someone with a low opinion about the things I write, I'm grateful for all the nice comments people leave!

Next chapter will be up whenever I have the time to write it, so see you then!