Getting somewhere.

Ink was sitting on one of the sofas sketching. It was starting to get late in Ink's world, and Error wasn't back. Ink was fighting to keep his concern down. He could go looking for Error, but that would require going into the anti-void, and Ink didn't know if he could stand doing that.

After a few more minutes Ink heard the front door open, and he turned around to see a tired Error come in.

"Hi Error! You okay?"

"I'm fine..." Error walked up the stairs and to his bedroom, leaving a confused and worried Ink alone with his thoughts.

Once Error got to his room, he collasped onto the bed. Despite what he had said to Ink, he was not fine. Pain shot through his body with every small movement he made, and his skull was pounding. But he had gone through this before, and knew he would be alright. This was the 5th time they had yelled so loud he lost consciousness, the 5th time he had angered them. They were still angrily murmuring in the back of his skull. Error didn't care that they were still there, he just crawled into the bed and closed his eyes. They let him rest for now.

About half an hour after Error went upstairs, Ink went up to check on him. He silently opened Error's door to see Error asleep in his normal clothes, he was frowning and his eyes were scrunched. Ink's concern grew, but he decided that he would wait until the morning to talk to Error. Heading to his room, Ink got changed and went to bed.

~~~~~~~

Error awoke to the smell of sausages. The smell made his non-existant stomach growl, and he followed the smell down the stairs, his bones still sore, but better than last night. By the time he had made it to the kitchen, Ink had finished cooking the sausages and had already put them on top of some buttured toast.

"Morning Error!" Ink cheerily greeted Error once he noticed he was there. "Did you sleep alright?"

"No..." Error replied while taking a seat at the dining table.

"Oh..." Ink sat opposite Error. "Care to tell me why not?"

"They kept waking me up" Error drowned his poor sausages in ketchup.

"Who are 'they'?" Ink tried to hide his concern under curiosity.

"The voices. I pissed them off again." Error took a bite of his food, he could barely taste the sausages under the ocean of ketchup.

"Voices..?" Ink's concern grew. Error has been hearing voices? For how long? Are they why he destroys?
"How long have you been hearing voices?"

"For as long as I can remember."

"What do they say?"

"Stuff."

Ink decided to drop the topic there; he wanted to keep pushing but Error's unspecific response hinted that he didn't want to talk about it. Ink gathered that the voices weren't nice to Error though, and added 'get Error to stop hearing voices' to his to-do list.

"So, umm.... What's your favourite colour Error?"

Ink and Error spent the rest of breakfast sharing small talk. Favourite colour (Error- Black, Ink- couldn't decide), favourite universe (Error- Outertale, Ink- couldn't decide again), least favourite universe (Error- Underlust, Ink- refused to answer). All in all an okay conversation.

Once they had both finished, Error made to leave, but Ink stopped him.

"I wanted to show you around my house today, I promise it won't take long!"

After a bit of thinking Error responded. "Fine, but be quick Ink-blot."

Ink got up from the table and led Error to a hallway he didn't notice before. It was behind the stairs, as if whoever built the place didn't want it to be found. Ink walked to the end of the hallway and opened the last door.

"This is my art studio, it's kinda a mess right now."

'Kinda' was a definant understatement. Papers were strewn everywhere, pilling on the floor and on the many desks. Art supply boxes were placed haphazardly around the room, and pencils were littered everywhere. The blue walls looked faded, and one wall was slightly stained black from when Ink had spilt a tub of black paint. Just looking at the room made Error feel claustrophobic. 

Ink went to the door further up. 

"This is my entertainment room, I have some video games from the surface but I never really play them."

The entertainment room was far less messy than Ink's studio. The walls were grey and the wooden floor had a fluffy dark green rug on it. The room had a big TV with a big dark green sofa in front of it, a rack holding various video games, and a cupboard which contained board games and cards. Error had never really played video games or board games, and was curious about them. Maybe Ink could show me some of them.

Ink and Error went to the next room.

"This is my library! I painted copies of books from the AUs and put them in here! There's some pretty interesting stories."

The library was much smaller than the other rooms, and apart from a beige coloured armchair the room was full of bookcases. About half the bookcases were empty, but the others were stuffed full of books. opposite the door into the library was another door, which Ink approached.

"This is the utility room, not very interesting. It's just where I do laundry."

The utility room was tiny, and had a washing machine, a dryer and a washing basket inside. There was also a door leading outside.

Ink and Error headed back to the main room.

"So, do you want me to show you upstairs?" Ink asked, turning to Error before quickly adding "Or are you too busy?"

"No, I have time."

"Great!"

Upstairs there was the bathroom Error had used the night he moved in, Ink's bedroom (which was as messy as his studio), Error's bedroom (Ink didn't bother including this room in his tour), and two guest bedrooms, one which was mostly blue, and the other that was turquoise and gold. There was also a closet which had cleaning supplies in.

The tour was done.

"Welp, I'm gonna go now Ink blot."

"See you later Error!" Ink gave Error a quick hug before going to his studio to grab some stuff.

Error was left standing in the middle of the hallway, ERROR symbols covering his eyes, a blush dusting his cheeks. After a moment Error snapped out of it and went to the anti-void, mumbling about 'horrible physical contact'.

Author's Note!

I'm starting school tomorrow so this won't be updated as frequently. I'll try to post a new chapter every week though!