Tired

Nothing but white surrounded Error. It was suffocating. The anti-void was unbearable without his ceiling of strings, and he could barely think from the fear that filled him. And the voice. Not many only one, calling for help. Wasn't that Ink's voice? Why would Ink be in here? Error ran towards the voice, or at least he tried to. His legs felt heavy, and he could barely walk forwards. What was happening? Then suddenly he saw Ink. Tied up and being dragged towards a portal by a shadow like figure that Error didn't recognise. Error once again tried to run without any success. Ink was dragged right up to the portal, but before he was dragged through he spoke, "I trusted you."

Error shot up, falling off his bed and face-planting the floor. His soul was racing, but started to slow once he realised it was just a bad dream. He lay defeated on the floor as he waited for the glitching 'ERROR' symbols to disappear. Once he could finally see again he slowly sat up, his hand searching his bed side table for his glasses. He soon found them and he put them on. Tightly gripping his bed he slowly stood up, but his foot throbbed with pain when he tried to put it on the ground, so he retorted to hopping accross his room to the door using furniture to balance himself.

Once he finally made it down the stairs, he looked at the clock. It was still an hour until Ink would return. Flopping onto the sofa, Error got out the puppet of Ink that was still in his pocket. He held it in his hands, a small smile on his face.
Pathetic.
A voice cut through Error's pleasant thoughts. He tensed up, but the voices faded back into a mumbled mess in the back of his head. It was nothing, he thought as he put the puppet back onto his pocket. I'm just paranoid, he assured himself. He stood up, unsure of what to do but knowing he didn't want to stay in the main room. His gaze caught on the stairs, and he hobbled over to the hallway behind them. Maybe he could play some video games while he waited for Ink?

~~

Ink opened the front door, and walked into his house. He dropped his paintbrush and stretched. Even without Error destroying there was still so much to do. Ink hadn't had the time to make sure the universes were stable with Error's destroying distracting him, so now Ink had to catch up on his work. He was managing. Finished with his stretching Ink decided to see if he could find Error anywhere.

Ink first checked downstairs, and knew he found Error when he heard sounds of a controller being used coming from the entertainment room. He opened the door to see Error engrossed with playing a game.

"Hi Error!" Ink greeted. Error almost jumped with surprise.

"Oh hi Ink." Error said, saving his game.

Ink smiled and sat next to Error on the beanbags in front of the TV. "You don't have to turn it off." Ink said, not wanting to interrupt Error's game.

"But I only played it 'cause I was waiting for you." Error replied, blushing slightly.

Ink blushed too. "Oh u-um..." Ink paused, not sure how to reply.

Error smiled, but winced when he moved and his foot brushed on the ground.

"I nearly forgot about your foot!" Ink said, moving to sit in front of Error. "How is it?"

"Painful..." Error replied as Ink took off his slipper.

"Ok, well healing it should help." Ink said while taking off Error's sock and bandages. 

Error closed his eyes while Ink placed his hands around the injury. Healing magic once again numbed the pain and made him feel warm and happy. Ink finished much quicker than last time, too tired to heal anymore. He stifled a yawn as he reached towards the bandages before seeing the dried yellow magic on them. "I'll get new bandages." He said standing up. "You just sit here and rest, I'll be back in a second."

Error nodded, then watched Ink leave the room, glad he was back. But as soon as Error was left alone, a weird cold feeling gripped him, and the voices made his head hurt. He clenched his teeth. He was fine. 

Ink returned with new bandages, and re-wrapped Error's foot. After he was done, he offered a hand to Error, who gladly used it to stand up. With Error tightly gripping on to Ink's arm they made their way to the main room. Once there Error sat at the table while Ink went into the kitchen.

"Want anything in particular?" Ink asked.

"No, I'm fine with anything."

Ink nodded his head, moving to the food cupboard. Before he could get there he yawned.

"Are you ok?" Error asked, looking surprised and concerned.

Ink once again nodded. "Yeah, just a bit tired."

"A bit?" Error replied. "You look like you're falling asleep on the spot!"

"I'm fine." Ink said, grabbing stuff out of the cupboard.

"Well, make something quick then get some sleep." Error ordered. "You don't want to fall asleep when working tomorrow."

"I'll be fine!" Ink argued, while opening a jar of herbs and nearly spilling them everywhere. Error quickly got up and hopped over to him, taking the herbs out of his hands.

"Come on, we'll have some sandwiches then get some sleep Ok?" Error said.

Ink could only nod in agreement a Error grabbed some bread and threw some ham and ketchup  on them. Him and Ink ate standing up in the kitchen. 

After they finished, Error grabbed Ink's arm and created a portal to upstairs before hobbling through and over to Ink's messy room. Ink went over to his bed and flopped down. Error smiled and went to leave until Ink spoke.

"Can you stay?"

Error froze, "What stay in your room?" He asked, turning around.

"No..." Ink said, moving to the middle of his bed. "I don't want to sleep alone."

Error blushed but hobbled over to Ink's bed. "Are you sure?" He asked, blushing like crazy.

Ink gave a tired nod.

Error took a deep breath and climbed into Ink's bed. A soon as he did, Ink clung to his chest. After a moment Error slowly wrapped his arms around Ink. It felt slightly strange to touch Ink still, but mostly warm and nice. Ink nuzzled into Error's chest, his breathing slow. Error smiled, his cheeks yellow, and gently rubbed Ink's back. Ink sleepily smiled and closed his eyes, quickly falling asleep. Error carefully rolled onto his back once Ink had fallen asleep, moving Ink on top of him. He gently kissed Ink's forehead before getting comfy on the bed and closing his eyes. He soon fell asleep, and no nightmares woke him up.

Holy cow this book has over 1,000 reads! Like how?

I'll do some sort of special for it, but I don't know what yet. If you have any ideas on what I can do please comment it!