Ch25.I'll Protect You

"I've been meaning to tell you this for a while now."
"What is it Pets?"
"I love you Teddy...and not as a friend, I-I..." Teddy laughed. "You mean as a couple." Petrus nodded his head in embarrassment. "Well I love you too Petrus, and I would love to go out with you. It's always been you and I... Together." Teddy kissed Petrus' forehead. "We should head back."
"Sounds good." They both laughed.

~*~

"They're on their way back." Draco blurted. Hermione frowned. Draco noticed. "What is it Hermione?" She squinted her eyes. "Draco you never mentioned to me how exactly you got back, in detail. Why do you have one of Petrus' eyes? Why do you get the visions? How did you really get back? Who did you sacrifice?" Hermione bombarded. Draco stood and stormed out the room. "'Mione what did you do?" Ron whined. She turned a little red and looked at Harry. "I'm sorry, I upset him." She said, Harry smiled reassuringly and then went after Draco. "Draco wait, come back." Harry began running. Lucky for him, Draco was only going to the passenger side of Harry's car. Harry got in the driver's side. "Are you okay Dragon? Hermione says she's sorry for upsetting you like that." Draco hid his face in Harry's chest. "I thought this would be a good idea, turns out it made everything worse." Draco sobbed. Harry frowned and propped Draco up. "What was a good idea? What made everything worse Draco? What happened?" His face was now drenched with tears. Draco decided it was time. "It wasn't that simple. The way I told it earlier. The only way I could beg my Father to tell me how to become alive again is to make a deal with him. I promised him that the Malfoy bloodline would continue, pure. I'm terrified of what he might do if I don't obey his orders. What if he takes my place? What if he sends me back Harry?" Silence surrounded them like fire, quickly and hurtful. "I won't let him. I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you, I won't stop fighting till my last breath if it means saving you." Silence again. Draco didn't answer nor move. Suddenly he got out the car and began walking through the forest. "Draco!?" Harry scattered to get out the car but failed, resulting in falling to the ground. Draco could hear Harry's yells from afar but didn't turn around. He held his hands in his pockets of his trousers. He was dressed in the clothes he killed himself in, when he went to save Teddy and Hermione. Luckily the blood stain was removed from his shirt. Draco became unsteady and collapsed in the mud. His sobs were silent. Harry eventually found him. "Draco, Merlin are you okay?" He rushed to Draco's side. Draco just pushed him away. Harry felt shocked that Draco didn't want his help. "I can't do this anymore!" The Slytherin screamed. "I can't do this...anymore." He repeated, bursting with waterworks. Harry sat beside him, taking off his jacket and placing it over The blond's shoulders. "As long as you're with me, I'll keep you safe and you'll be just fine, Dragon." Draco instantly calmed down. He looked up at Harry. "If I stay with you...I'll die again and I won't be able to come back. Death will keep me there." Harry could barely see the tears past the mud covering one side of Draco's face. "I'll protect you." Harry tried convincing. "No! Not this time! You can't protect me from something inevitable."
"I defeated Lord Voldemort, of course I can protect-"
"Without me you would be dead Harry. I saved you at Malfoy manor, I threw you my wand when you didn't have one, my wand defeated you-know-who. All those years and I was protecting you, in a weird, twisted way. I'm more powerful than you, how could you possibly protect me Harry? Things would be different if you just excepted me!" Draco shouted. "You know what, you're right. Things would be different if I excepted you in first year. We would both be dead. Ron and Hermione probably won't even have a daughter or be breathing in that matter. Voldemort would still be alive, Merlin, Everyone I love would be dead without a doubt. Teddy would be a DeathEater just like you. Voldemort would get him scratching who ever he wanted to see suffer. So yeah, maybe I should have excepted your friendship."