Day One (Part Two)

I was walking into my second period class when Jealousy pulled me aside, near the wall. I looked down at her, seeing as I was taller than her (thankfully) and she peered up at me.

"So, what do you say?" She asked. I knew she was obviously talking about hanging out after school. The thought immediately angered me, because I knew she didn't mean it. If anything, all it meant was that she still loved Ray and was willing to play with my feelings in order to try and get him back despite her breaking up with him on her own. I forced a nod.

"Yeah, sure. How about the park a few blocks away?" I asked. Though she and I knew I wasn't really asking her. I'm the man; therefore, I make the plans. That's the point of a date or whatever the fuck this was. I watched as her eyes lit up and she nodded her head excitedly. It was those little gestures of hers that made my heart almost flutter. Almost.

"So then, we'll meet up after out last period and head over there. Let's get to class. We're not meant to be late," I said. As "silly" as it sounded, I took JROTC very seriously. I was already planning to join the Army and work my way up to being an Army Ranger. I understood how emotionally and mentally tough you had to be, and, well, look at me. I have little to no emotion whatsoever so I was more than positive that I was fine. I turned my attention back to Jealousy and saw as she nodded and took off in the direction of our class, I followed behind their.

I pulled my phone out and sent Gerard a text.

Me: We're going right after school. I'll be seeing you "working out" at around 3:50?

As I walked into class, I felt my phone vibrate, but i didn't check it. After all, phones were only allowed during free time. I sat in Economics, taking notes as if my life depended on it. Truthfully, this stuff doesn't interest me. It's a complete turn off and it makes me want to die, really, but that's being over-dramatic.

"All right, class. Lesson is over. Do whatever for the next, what, um, 10 minutes. Just try and keep it to a dull roar, please? Thanks," the teacher spoke. He was a middle aged man, who was obviously hung over. Only thing he needed was the blank shades, but he didn't have those so he was suffering. That's an example of why you shouldn't drink. You end up feeling like shit, or worse... You end up with a kid you end up treating like shit. I sighed and took my phone out to see what Gerard said.

Gerard: Why did you put quotations around working out? Are you implying that I don't regularly work out?

I scoffed. He's such a baby. I started typing down my reply when Jealousy came up next to me.

Me: Yes.

"Who's Gerard?" She asked as she peered over my shoulder. I put my phone up and thought over a lie.

"He's my uncle," I said.

"You text your uncle? That's weird," she laughed.

"If you think that's weird, then you're the weird one. Family is family." She sighed.

"Jeez, I was joking, Frank. Have you heard of those?" Great. Now she was mad for something she said. We stared at each other, having a silent battle when the door opened and everyone turned their direction over to that direction.

"Jealousy, we need to talk." It was Ray. I shot him a glare and he shot me one back.

"No, we don't. Besides, I'm with Frank now. So leave me alone,"she told him. Wait... what? Together? I don't remember asking her out. I quickly looked over at her as she took my hand in hers and smiled at me.

"You're dumping me for him?" He asked as if it was the hardest thing to believe, ever. I rolled my eyes at him.

"It would certainly be an upgrade," she retorted. Everyone in the class had to throw in their two cents by screaming "burn!"