Chapter 5

ABAGAIL walked into school in step with Caden, the two stalked the halls while everyone scurried out the way. Caden had made a snarky remark about her finding her mate today, or any day from now. She only ignored his remark and snarled - she didn’t care.

All she wanted was to get away from school and run wild in the woods. Wolf and fur out as she ran with Caden. Her future Alpha.

But of course, she had to go to school for the day. Painfully boring school. So she waltzed into English with her head held high, her English book filled with random scrawls and barely any school work. She never told anyone but all her school work was on her phone - hence why she is always on it in class.

Caden tugged on a piece of her auburn hair, causing her to whip around on him glaring, her hair was in a messy half up half down look that made no sense and had many hair bubbles - yet she made it work. Rocked it into her I don't care look. Caden walked towards the only available seat that was far away from the front - except it was with someone else. Leaving Abagail having to sit somewhere else. That somewhere else was at the very very front.

“Abagail it looks like you’re going to have to sit down here.” Mr Greene exclaimed, loving that he had the misbehaving teen in check - pointing down at the desk infront of him. Abagail looked down to where the same boy from the bus sat hunched over and rigid in his chair. His cute thick rimmed glasses falling down his nose as his eyes wide. He was cute - and totally afraid of her.

But that wasn’t what had Abagail scuffing her foot causing her to stumble forward. A few people snickered but a glare and a growl from Caden shut them up. Abagail sent Caden a look he had never seen before - she looked at him in astonishment before turning to her chair.

Amazed - completely amazed.

His scent hit her when she breathed in deeply - awestruck by the quiet and mysterious boy who she sat next to.

“Hey.” She greeted - she had no idea if he felt what she did at that moment.

Her wolf screamed mate over and over again that it became a chant. A Symphony as she fidgeted in her seat beside him. He didn’t reply, instead licked his lips and tried to stop his body from shaking. She wanted to see his face - even if it was turning red as a tomato. His scent was of fresh apples and paper from her favorite book, a slight hint of rose - his scent was mangled by that of a cat.

“Abagail, don’t distract my prized student.” Mr Greene demanded, watching as Daniel shrank into his seat - people snickering and calling him a "eachers pet". Abagail let out a human growl - turning her head to glare at the students. She’d be damned if she let these people make fun of her mate.

All disregard of wanting nothing to do with her mate before seemed to fly out the window as she watched the boy beside her write down everything off the board. His hands shaking and shoulders pulled up, she knew he was uncomfortable - shy - even.

Abagail wanted to bite his ear to gain his attention - how was he not feeling their bond right now? Why didn’t she see him before yesterday? She knew he wasn’t part of her pack - so whose pack is he from?

“What’s your name?” She tried to gain his attention again. He blushed and stuttered out something even with her wolf hearing she couldn’t hear. “What?”

“Dan-Daniel.” He rose his voice slightly, hands stopping from writing. She had his full attention.

“Daniel.” She purred, pressing her knee to his. He closed his eyes, trying to wriggle away. Chuckling, she moved her legs away from him. “Daniel do you have a cat?” She whispered, her breath tickling his neck, his dark blond hair dancing at his neck with her exhalation.

“Yeah-Yeah, How did you...?” He trailed off, shaking beneath her. She slid her hand into his, not minding how they were damp with sweat as she traced a scratch on his index finger, red angry lines. She couldn't stand cats - and they couldn't stand her.

“Scratch.” She smiled, staring into his eyes. He had turned to look at her, the intensity of her gaze. And his eyes were nothing she had ever seen before - the deepest orbs of diamond blue. Their moment was interupted when Mr Greene slapped a ruler down on the desk between them, gaining the whole classes attention. Caden was the only one who laughed.

“Would you reframe from hand holding in class and work. Daniel do try to ignore her - don’t let her bring you down.” Mr Greene told off, Abagail pulled her hand away from Daniels to scowl. The teacher was a dick. Not liking the teacher one bit, Abagail sat back and put her feet on the table, crossing her arms.

Daniel is my mate.” She mindlinked Caden, hearing him start coughing uncontrollably behind her. "Real subtle." She mocked, sending him an annoyed look.

Who’s Daniel?” He asked, his voice a mix of disbelief and relief.

Remember the dude from the bus yesterday? He’s the one sitting next to me right now. What do I do? He doesn’t smell like a werewolf.” Abagail pondered, she honestly didn’t know what exactly she was to do in this sort of predicament. “He doesn’t seem to notice the bond - maybe he is under age?” Even underage werewolves can feel some sort of pull.

Abby he’s human.” Caden voice said gravely. He didn’t know if that was a good thing or a bad. He didn’t know whether to help his friend - or if she were to tell Daniel about the wolf world. Or maybe she would reject him. Whatever it was - whatever happened - Caden was going to support his best friend's decision. She was seventeen and he was succumbed to whatever she wanted.

Both in age and friendship.

Even if he was her lpha - she was always his big sister.