Chapter 12

DANIEL didn’t expect it to go on. For the past four days, he spent them with Abagail. They never spoke a lot during their time together but she hadn’t enacted their exclusive date just yet - she was dragging it out day by torturous day.

“Hey Daniel.” She smiled, slinging her arm over his shoulders. “What do you have next?” She pressed her side against him. He squirmed beside her as people glanced their way, eyeing them with confusion.

“I - we have Art.” He furrowed his brows, watching her contemplate what he said.

“That’s right.” She grumbled, she was planning on ditching school with Caden, but now - she had to stay. She sent that in a mindlink to Caden.

“You’re so whipped.” He snorted, she wanted to smack him up. Fighting in wolf form - obviously not a serious one - playful and trying to dominate against him. “When are you going to end his suffering and go on that surprise date?”

“It’s meant to be a surprise.” She argued, walking into their art classroom, letting her arm drop from his shoulder. Clenching her jaw as she saw Holly bragging about her artwork. Rolling her eyes she sat on the table she was sharing with Daniel. He watched her in confusion as she pulled out paints, using her fingers she started brushing a light amount of paint onto her fingers and rubbing them together before smudging the paper.

Daniels eyes trail towards Holly who giggled, eyes glowing warmly. She caught his gaze with her honey gold ones. She smiled shyly, sending him a wave with a glint in her eye. Maybe she liked him to?

“You work fast Abagail.” Ms Freyer stood behind Abagail, looking over her shoulder.

Daniels head whipped to the side with his eyebrows raised. Abagail had been busy at work while he had been aweing away at Holly. His eyes widened at what she had done. The art work was dry - by her techniques. He couldn't have been staring at Holly for that long, could he?

She had made the page mostly black with her smudged paint, then went in with browns and greys to make buildings. Her hands covered in paint, a single thin paint brush in hand. She had a slight smudge on her face as she slaved away into the artwork. Daniel was startled at her intensity of working - that the painting was her only focus and somehow so good.

It was a night time street that was lit only by three street lights, she wasn’t finished and yet she had come so far. Her fingers now had blues and white as she dabbed some grey and black into it for the cover of night. Making the road gravely and wet she used a sponge. His eyes wandered from her amazing artwork to the book that she had been obviously drawing a portrait of him in last lesson. His fingers itched to see it, wanting to see how she depicted his awkward facial state.

His eyes again travelled over to what she was doing, how she captured such a made up but serene image onto the paper. The darkness had layers, buildings and alley corners. She thought of every minor detail as she went in with that thin brush. She mixed colours on her han

“Do you like art?” He asked, watching her jump, eyes snapping up to meet his. Her cheeks heated and she looked around, as if confused as to where she was. He had pulled her from a world she has gone into, distracted her.

“Eh - pardon?” She asked flushed, eyes monitoring his face as she wiped at her eyes as if waking up. Browns, golds and greens - her eyes.

“I - uh - nothing.” He blushed, shifting his gaze away from her and letting her go back to her artwork. He was awkward, continously making him feel weird or he felt he was making other people feel uncomfortable.

He had no idea what he was going to do for his art project.

He was so far behind, and even Abagail was ahead of him and she did a new piece every class.