Chapter 14

DANIEL had never done something so courageous and ambitious in his life - until now. He actually left a class to check on a girl who drew the most impressive picture of him, although he did make her upset and storm out of said class but that was what him following after her was. Of course he still liked Holly, but Abagail was slowly becoming a friend to him - both her and Caden. Even if Abagail obviously wanted more.

And that is what Daniel didn’t understand - why him? There was nothing special about him. He was the quiet, thick-rimmed glasses nerd who did other peoples homework without acknowledgement or recognition and still got picked on and hit. His life is a nightmare and he fears something worse is looming around the corner.

As that thought popped into his hea, something worse came around the corner -literally. Cameron and his friend stalked down the hall - they hadn’t given Daniel trouble in a while. No one really had - he could thank Abagail for that, her presence authoritative and down right scary - everyone afraid she would snap at them.

Camerons eyes snapped up, narrowing his dark eyes at him and smirked. Daniel knew he was screwed. Cameron and his friend advanced, eyes trained on him. Praying they’d walk on and forget he was there, or remember that he and Abagail were associated, that he would be intimidated by her enough to not take advantage of no one else in the hallway.

But that wasn’t the case as before he knew what was happening, Daniel was slammed against the lockers and Cameron and his friend laughed, tauntingly. His glasses were pulled off and thrown to the side, the sound on them skidding across the ground was heard. Daniel can see without his glasses - he just can’t see a lot.

“Hey loser - my teacher doesn’t believe that I did my own homework, next time don’t copy word for word.” Cameron spat his words like a growl into his face, not hesitating as he sent a hard punch into Daniels gut - causing him to lose his breath and hunch over, although Camerons dark skinned friend held him still and upright as Cameron kicked him in the knee.

Daniel suddenly wished that Abagail had left something behind in the classroom and needed to come back and get it, but he knew she was long gone. His hope diminished as a punch was pathetically sent to his arm - knowing that there would still be a bruise. He didn’t want Abagail to see. Then she would ask questions or -Another punch to his gut. He preoccupied his mind with other things as Camerons punches became nothing but numb - his arms the same from where his dark skinned friend held him back - defenseless.

What if Abagail knew he was getting bullied? Daniel didn’t want to think about that. If she knew how hard his life was and still getting, if she would even like him anymore - or she did and saw that his fragile state was something to take advantage of. Daniel didn’t know why, couldn’t help it, but the fact that she might not like him anymore if she knew he was being bullied effected him so much. He was pretty sure he didn’t like her - but then again he couldn’t feel the butterflies over how tense and awkward he would become around people. He guess he liked the fact someone liked him. That someone was taking their time to know him - to care.

To draw him.

He hoped the boys didn’t find the folded piece of paper in his back pocket, not that they would pull it out anyway - hopefully.

Cameron brought his arm back far, his body twisting to send what was probably his final punch. His knuckles were red and starting to be worn away as he threw his fist ungracefully.

His hard fist connected with his cheek, splitting his soft lips once again as his head whipped to the side from the force. His face burned as the dark skinned friend painfully dug his fingers into his arms at what could have been inhuman strength.

The two snickered - it seemed that Cameron wasn’t done as he kneed him in the leg painfully. Daniel winced, crying out slightly as he tried to curl in a ball away from him.

Camerons fist drew back once again, tears stinging Daniels eyes as he awaited the next blow to his face.

“Don't you dare fucking touch him again!” An angry voice bellowed. Ripping and echoing through the halls that seemed to shake. Cameron's friend took off instantly, Cameron on his heels. “Piss off - That’s right you shit! Run before I break your legs!” It was Abagail - and she screamed at them. Her viens pulsing in her throat as her face turned red. Her eyes wide in disbelief as Daniel slid down to the floor - pain evident on his face. “Daniel!” She gasped, at his side in an instant. Wasting no time, she cradled him against her. “I - I didn’t know - I’m so sorry.” She whimpered, telling him softly as a few teachers appeared in the hallway - already blaming Abagail for the damage done to Daniel. “I promise they won’t know what hit .” His head spun - so much so that he swore her eyes were glowing a golden colour as she stared down at him. “Daniel - ”

“Call me Danny - call me.” His eyes fluttered shut and darkness enveloped him - taking a quick nap.