¤Lafayette¤

"Are All Promises Meant To Be Broken? "
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
"Now can I go?Or are you going to continue breaking my heart and your promises?" She stared at me with cold eyes, making me flinch inside.

"You know I can't do that." I said softly.

Characters: Lafayette x Reader

Settings: Hamiltime

TW: Angsty then sum floofy.

Your Name• Y/N
Your Nickname• Y/N/N

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

You had looked at the rolling fields as the carriage quietly rode along. The horses' trodding feet were the only things making noise in the moment. You were staring off into the distant night sky, admiring the bright white light emitting from the sky, some stars flew past and others remained stationary. You had your lips pursed for most of the ride, quietly thinking and muttering incoherently to yourself. If you were alone, it wouldn't have mattered as no one would have seen you but you were currently riding with The Schuyler Sisters. They were your closest friends and your families have been friends for years.

"Uh, (Y/N)? You alright there? " A sweet voice had reeled you back to reality. You blinked once.

Twice.

Thrice.

You had dazed off again. As you stared back at the source of the voice, Eliza. As soon as you cleared the thoughts away, your cheeks bloomed into an adorable shade of pink. You've been talking to yourself--again. You looked to Angelica, who was humming a little tune to herself and Peggy was asleep on her.

"Sorry, Eliza. Something's been bothering me and--I think you understand what I'm trying to say. " You muttered, loud enough for only Elizabeth to hear.

She knew of the complicated--well.. -- complicated "relationship" you had with a certain Frenchman.

Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Mortier, Marquis de Lafayette--Or more known as Lafayette. (Yes.. You took the time to memorise his full name.)

Eliza took your hand in hers as she offered you a smile. She rubbed her thumb on top of your hand and the glimmer of her wedding ring caught your eye. You felt a tinge of jealousy towards your best friend. Both of you were the same age and Eliza's already married, yet here you were still yet to be properly courted. You let out a deep sigh before shrugging,

"I really did like him, Liza. Mother and Father approved of him." You muttered.

"Don't give up on him yet, (Y/N/N)). " Eliza said sympathetically.

You smiled back before pulling your hand away to look back to the beautiful view to the way of the Ball.

¤You've arrived at the Ball. ¤

You were shook awake when you reached the ball. You had dozed off.

"(Y/N)!! Get up! We're here! " Peggy? --- "(Y/N/N)! " Definitely Peggy.

You giggled as you opened you eyes. An ecstatic looking Peggy had her arms around your shoulders as she dragged you out of the carriage. You had managed to stumble out without falling face first as you and the sisters entered the Ball. They wore their favourite colors: Peggy wore a beautiful and simple yellow gown, Angelica wore a long-sleeved pink gown and Eliza wore a white-laced blue gown. You had worn your favourite dress, a light lavender gown that had white lacing on the sleeves that hung low off your shoulders. You looked beautiful.

Peggy had grabbed your arm and locked you between her and Angelica. You were all interlocked through the arms and had made your way down the stairs, all eyes on the four of you. There were cheers of winning the war and men singing old drinking songs. Women were laughing and dancing with their lovers and there were a few young children playing with other children.