Ugly

A/n: This is how Harry and his team posed at the end of their performance.

Harry POV

It's been a week since I last seen Zayn after that crazy night, and things haven't really moved in any direction. We've only texted back and forth, but nothing more than that. I'm not sure how to feel about him yet, but between school and things at home I haven't really had the time to focus on it much.

At school it's try out week. The week where students can join different extracurricular activities. I for one, am gonna tryout for the cheer team again, while Niall I'm sure is going to join the soccer team as usual, since he is actually quite good. There are a lot of new student this year which will make things more challenging but, I'm sure we'll be fine. 

~

"Okay guys, ready?" Taylor beams as I close my locker after putting my books away. Taylor is a really good friend of mine. We actually met freshman year when we both were just joining the cheer team, ever since then we've been joining every year together.

"Ready as I'll ever be" I respond optimistically.

Taylor rolls her eyes, "What- ever" she bumps my shoulder playfully. "We all know you'll totally make the team so don't even try."

Victoria, Taylor best friend, joins in, "Yea you were the star flyer last year." The other girls nod their heads in agreement.

I laugh, "Yeah.. but you never know things can change."

They all laugh at this, "Uh huh sure."

We all make our way to our designated locker rooms to change into more loose and stretchy clothing. The clothes I chose are nothing fancy, just a simple black tank top and matching tights. I finish up by tying my sneakers and throwing my hair up into a ponytail.

"Harry hurry up it's starting, c'mon!" Taylor yells at the door since she can't come in.

"Coming!" I shout back as I throw my stuff in an empty locker.

In the dance room, everyone is spread out around the cheer coordinator and directors as she goes over the rules.

"Hello everyone I am the lead coordinator, those of you that don't know me already my name is Sarah. I've been teaching cheer here for 12 years now so if you need any advice just come to me" she says bouncing on the balls of her feet. "Okay moving on, this year we.. " she says gesturing to herself and the women behind her. "... have decided we want to do something a little different" she claps her hands together looking around at our faces.

While she's talking I take this time to look around me to see who's all here. There are a lot of freshman girls and some girls from last years cheer team in the crowd. I smile as I notice some actual guys auditioning this year too. There's a really tall and strong looking guy standing way in the back, and some other ones of average height and build scattered all around. Yay we'll have actual muscle this year, I cheer in my head. My smile fades though when my eyes meet with one girl in particular. She's whispering something into some girls ear while pointing at me. They both bust out laughing catching the attention of people nearby. What the fuck. Not wanting to ruin the mood I'm in I decide instead to just ignore them and go back to listening to the coordinator.