《Chapter 0.08》

Lisa POV
I managed to get myself out of bed today despite the fact that I overslept. But I figured attending classes late was better than a no show-up. I did my morning routine quickly before I could leave my house for school.

"Sweetheart, are you not eating breakfast?" My mom hollered at me when she saw me standing by the front door.

"No mom, sorry but I'm already late," I replied back hurriedly with my grasp holding the doorknob.

"Well, have a great day honey." I heard my mom called me.

I drove off to my school with an unsure feeling of what Mr.Park, has to say to me coming in late, shaking my head at the distraction thought, I brought my attention back to my driving; I finally reached the school after my 10 minutes of drive. I let out a tired sigh as soon as I enter the school gate knowing I'll get a load crap of lectures from my first-period teacher for coming in late today.

I guess today was my lucky day since I didn't run into any security guarding the school gate; strolling cautiously down the hallway. A nervous sighed escapes when my walking came to a halt soon as I reach outside my 1st-period class; Standing nervously outside the closed door I took a few seconds to think about an excuse of why I was late. Being the teachers favorite or should I say being the valedictorian of my school grade; it was hard for me to make any small mistakes on campus since they all expect me to be perfect.

Encouraging myself that everything will be alright, I walked into the class to received looks from my classmates and teacher. My classmates look surprised same with Mr.Park, who had a shocking look on his face.

"Lisa, you're late." Mr. Park announced, I heard murmurs and giggling from my classmate. But I ignored them focusing on Mr.Park who was facing me with a serious look on his face. "I'm sorry, I overslept," I told him the truth-avoiding his eyes.

"Okay, I'll let this one slide; just don't come in 15 minutes late again," he sighed assigning me to take my seat. "Mr.P! It's not fair how you treat her differently from the rest of us," I heard one my classmate hollered across the room when I flopped myself down in my seat, "Well, if you actually cared about school as much as Lisa does then maybe you'll get the same treatment as her," Mr.Park snapped back.

In the corner of my eye; I felt someone staring. Turning my head behind my eyes met his, he shakes his head at me with a grin placed on his face.

I want to believe that something isn't going on with Jungkook, but it's kind of hard not to think it since he's been acting strange lately. He's been avoiding me, and he tries not to make it too visible, but I noticed that he's been avoiding me the past few days.

Whatever that is bothering him, I hope he gets it over with, I thought to myself. Bringing my attention back to the chalkboard, copying everything Mr.park had written them on the board.

The day ended pretty quick; I was left behind in my last class; placing my things inside my backpack. I swung my bag over my right shoulder heading out into the crowded hallway.

I got the message from Mingyu that Jungkook canceled tutoring session once again with an "I'm.busy. Today" type of reason. I successfully unlocked my locker, putting my textbooks up since I don't need them for today.

Gently closing my locker, I was startled seeing a presence standing in front of me; "Oh sorry, did I scare you?" The high pitched voice asks pretending as she cares, I urged of rolling my eyes at her; flashing her a fake smile in reply.

"Anyways, uh- I just want to tell you that tomorrow is Jungkook birthday party," she didn't get to finish her talking, but I interrupted her, "And?" I ask bluntly.

"Wait, just listen! He wants me to tell you that he wants you to come," she announced, I stood there with a blank stare.

"Why doesn't he tell me himself? he has a mouth it's not that hard; also he lives right next door to me as well," I reassured.

"He left early that's why" Minha declared.

"I'll think about it," I shrugged with an unsure tone.

"Good! Party starts at 7:30," Minha stated before she walked away leaving me behind by my locker.

"Lisa!" I rapidly turn my head back when I heard my best friend voice, "Hi hon!" I blurted with my hands wide open for a hug; other students stare at us weirdly when they witnessed us jumping up and down hugging each other cheerfully.

"I missed you!" Rosè whined I hadn't seen rosè the whole day since today at lunch she was in the library studying for a big test tomorrow and lunch was the only time we see each other since we don't have any classes together.

Walking hand in hand, we headed outside, "guess what?!" I gasped recalling what just happened earlier.

"What?!" Rosè had an anticipating look on her face.

"Minha invited me to Jungkook birthday party tomorrow," I scoffed, but my best friend face lit up.

"Yah!! What's with that face?" I can't help but notice Rosè teasing reaction.

"Are you going?" Rosè questioned, but I only shrugged in reply.

"I don't have a good feeling about it honestly; I mean it's Minha that wants me to go," I assured while Rosè only nodded in agreement.

"What's on your mind right now bestie?" I heard Rosè. I stared at my best friend smiling at her before I could speak.

"Nothing really, things suddenly started happening; Jungkook is avoiding me, Minha started being friendly which kind of scares me, and Mingyu, he's been very comfortable around me," I gave my best friend a smile.

"Jungkook been avoiding you?" My eyes lit up in confusion when I heard Rosè shocking tone.

"Isn't it obvious Lisa?" Rosè grin at me, "he's probably in love with you," Rosè confessed which made to burst out of laughing but die down when I saw her serious face.

"No, it can't be! I'm not his type," I panicked not wanting to believe it.

[ 🦄🐰 ]
_____________________
|| Find out next chapter for what Minha has in plans! Also for what's going to happen to Jungkook and Lisa next chapter, stay tune 🖤 ||