9

You need me

I wake up in my room with my mother's diary on my face, Nash was sitting on a chair by his desk, and he slept like me. I remember us talking about my mother, and then I ask him if it's okay that I'll stay here to read more, and he said yes, and then he woke up to his desk to do homework. I remember him falling asleep and I remember that I wanted to go, but I felt like I have to sleep.

I wake up in my room, and I feel that something is on my forehead, it's a note from Nash 'You fell asleep in my room, so I took you to here' he wrote to me. Out of the window there is no sun, which means that the night isn't over yet. Everyone here is sleeping, but I know one girl that still up in those hours.

Mali.

I walk pass the other doors, I go down the stairs, to the first floor. To the music room. "Hey" I say to Mali, she's sitting near the piano playing, but when she hear my voice she stop to play "January" "What?" she looks at her "We've done here" she says to her, and January chuckle. Only when Mali left the room I start to talk "What's so funny" "The way that you two fight. Your fight was about boy's right?" I nod "Not surprising" "I know, you have never had a fight with your friends about boys" "What friends" she says "Show me what you got" I say to her and point on the piano.

She sit down, and the moment that her fingers touch the piano it's like magic, the sound is soft, and it feels like you want to hear more and more "It's amazing" she smiles "Are you still playing?" she asks me "I haven't played a while" I say "So try" I sit down the piano, and I play the first song that she have ever taught me. I remember this moment

"Don't be afraid, or shy" "I don't think that I can do it" I say to her "Yes you can!" she say and I laugh, my fingers touch the piano, and I feel safe "Let your fingers play" I start and my hands are shaking and ruining the song "No fear!" she yells "Do it!" she yells at me "You're a musician, trust yourself" I stop to play, she holds my hands and she put them on the piano again "Do it" she whisper in my ear, and then I start. No shake, no fear, just music, I don't feel anything but the music, like it's goes under my skin. "You just did it" she says and look at me.

"Scared again?" she asks "No" I put my hands on the piano, and start to play. "Good, you have good memory" "And a good teacher" she smiles "Who taught you to play on guitar and piano" I ask "My teacher, behind each good musician there's not a wife or a husband, there's a good teacher" she says and I laugh.

I always loved to be around her. She is very nice and funny. I know since I was eight years old. She always been the girl that doesn't like to fit in and doesn't want to. I guess so. "I think that someone that kind of like you" I say to her "Who likes me?" she asks "I guess that someday you'll find out" I say and goes, when I look back I see her roll her eyes and I chuckle. I walk outside, I look at the sun that comes above the tall trees, and then I feel two warm hands hug me from my back "What you're doing here?" Nash asks "Looking at the sun" "Wait a minute" he says and runs. I look at the stairs and wait for him to come.

He shows up when he's holding a two blankets and two pillows "Let's go" he says "To where?" I ask "Does it matter?" he asks and holds my hand. He runs and I run after him. "I think that here it's perfect" he says, I look at the woods, a little circle without trees, when the sun is rising above.

So we sit together, hugging, talking, until the sun is up.

"We should get back, today there's school" "Today is the start of the summer semester" I say "Right, the year passed too fast" "Yeah but we both doesn't have anywhere to go to" I say "You do, I heard that Jordan wants to go to two month trip with you" "To where?" "Everywhere" he says back.

I hold Nash's hand when we goes back to school "What class do you have now?" he asks "Math" "Who teach you math?" he asks "The devil" I say and he laughs. "It's not funny at all, she is mean. I won't be surprised to find out that her middle name is 'devil'" I say "Do you know someone at this class" "I hope so, I think that Tom is in my class too" I say.

I walk pass everyone, and I think that I missed this noise, of busy students walking pass the corridors. The sound of them shoes on the floor. I open my room's door, I change my clothes, I take my back and I go to my class. Even if I hate math and my teacher is probably the devil himself, I missed this.

I see Tom standing next to the class's door "Hey!" I say to him "What wrong? Do I have something between my teeth?" he asks "No, I'm happy, what's wrong in it?" "That today school starts, but you're happy" "I'm different, don't you know?" I open the door and put my hand on his shoulder "I can do whatever I want, I skip boring classes, and goes to what I do care about" I sit at my place, right next to Tom "That's not only that, you are different, did something happened?" he asks "No, I just been with Nash this night, it was fun" "Oh" he says. The devil starts to teach us math, and then Tom gets closer "I know, you and Nash" "What about us?" "He kissed you, hasn't he?" "Yes. Don't say anything about it" "Promise" he says.

The door gets open, and Jordan gets into the class "Sorry Mrs. Johnson" he says "Sit down!" she yells at him, he sits next to January. I knew that he likes some girl! I always right. When I look at the clock it seems like the time isn't moving at all, and I get crazier with every minute that pass. "When the class is over?" I ask Tom "Now" he says, and the school ring says that he was right. "God timing" I take my notes "Do you have sport now?" he asks "Yes, but he won't notice that I'm missing" he laughs "Good luck girl".

I sit at the library and I see January in the corner reading book. "Hey" I say to her "How are you?" "I'm okay" she says "You know who would be perfect to you?" I say and sit next to her "No" she answer "Never mind" and she smile "What do you read about?" I ask "A good story. Before 50 years there were nine scientists that someday found a stone, the M stone. They found out that the stone can help to the world, but they had no idea from where it came from. The ninth scientist believed that the stone came from the gods; he said that if they'll turn it on the stone would destroy the world. They said that they don't believe in it, so he left them. They found a way to turn this stone on. After that the people got sick, from diseases that no one knew before, so there was no drug for it" "What happened after that?" I ask "Wait. The scientists got sick too; before they died they decided that they would bury when each of them hold one piece of the stone so no one would turn it on again. Some people found out about his stone" "And what happen next?" I ask "I have finished it yet" she says and smiles.

"I hope that they won't win" I say "Me too" she says. I head to my room, to keep on reading my mother's diary. The strangest thing about the story that she told me was the feeling I had, it sounded too much real to be just a story. But I guess that those kinds of stories just sound real.

I hold the diary, but I feel like I want to move, to run, not to sit and read, I sat too much today.

I put my sport clothes, I open the door and I start to run to the woods, what would make me feel better if not a good run outside.

I run, I see the butterflies, and for a moment I feel like I'm a different girl, with a different story. But then I fall. "Stupid stone" I sigh. I want to go but I hear someone talk, it's two people, girl and a boy.

"You can't tell them" the boy says "Why? We both know that this stone would ruin everything!" she says "They said they'll take care of us if we'll sing" "I'm not singing, I'm talking" I know those voices, they're too familiar, I know the girl, for sure. But I also know the boy, I sure that I talked to him before "It's not a joke J, they're serious" "Me too" she says "If they kill me, it's your fault" he says "I was there a lot before you've been" she says "Right, and who like you should know that people actually died because they said something" "They won't kill us" "Really? Like they haven't killed Skyler's parents or like they haven't killed her best friend?" he asks the girl, he knows who killed them "Really, they won't" "So I guess that you don't know them good as I know" he says "How much time you know them? Two months? So they asked you to help her once, I want to help her" "So tell her who did it" "No" she says "I'm not going to be them next target, and we know that there's nothing to say, we don't know who killed them, we know what is them plan is. They choose us, we had nothing to do" she says "You're right" he says to her. "Let's go before anyone would see that we both missing" she says "We can say that we kissed" "That would be unbelievable" she says.

I sit down by some tree, and I see Nash running to me "What happened?" he asks "I just heard something that I wasn't supposed to hear" he sits next to me and I tell him what I heard "You know who they were?" "No. They talked fast, and they whispered most of the time" I say "So now at list we know that someone knows them" he looks at me.