Chapter 15

"It's release day! It's release day!" Camila sang happily as she skipped into the kitchen to find the girls guzzling tea and coffee like it was their job. This was a regular occurrence in the morning.

"It's also eight am, how do you have so much energy?" Dinah asked, looking to her smaller friend.

"Because it's release day, Dinah Jane! Now smile," The brunette said firmly, moving around the kitchen to gather a banana and the jar of peanut butter.

"Do not eat all the peanut butter, Camz!" Lauren called after the girl who skipped away. "Guys, we need to leave the studio early today."

"We know," Normani promised, nodding her head. "It's Reagan's birthday and a few of her favourite people are coming over."

"Normani, I gave you access to the invite list because you had a majority of their contact info, now zip it."

"Why can't we know again?" Dinah asked in a whiney tone.

"Because you'll spill the beans to Rey and this is her fifth birthday party," The mother explained, placing her mug in the sink before heading over to the fridge.

"Speaking of the birthday girl," Ally nodded to the kitchen entrance where Reagan stood with crossed arms, peanut butter smeared over her cheeks explaining her grumpiness.

"Mila put sticky food on me," Reagan explained, furrowing her blonde eyebrows.

"I can see that. C'mere pretty girl, let me clean your face," Lauren said, reaching for her daughter and promptly placing her on the counter edge by the sink.

"Don't I have school?" The little one asked, furrowing her eyebrows again.

"Not today. It's your birthday so you get to join us in the studio,"

"Really?!" Reagan asked excitedly, making a face when a warm towel ran over her cheeks.

"Yup. We're recording our last song and releasing the last music video, so we have to celebrate."

"Does that mean I get more cake?" Reagan asked, remembering the celebration last month when the first music video was put out. There was a lot of cake.

"No," Lauren began, making the girl frown. "You get ice cream," The brunette finished.

"I love ice cream!" Reagan said, earning laughs.

"And peanut butter," Camila stated, entering the kitchen with her banana peel and the jar of sticky food.

"You made me icky," Reagan commented.

Camila shook her head and kissed Reagan on the cheek, licking her lips after to see. "Nope, you taste sweet."

Reagan promptly made a face, which earned a laugh from her mom before she got off the counter and went over to Normani.

"Mani Bear, can you tell me about my party?"

"Nice try, Reggae. You know I can't," The woman said, running a hand over the blonde's head. Reagan sighed and went over to Ally and Devon who sat in the kitchen nook.

"Ally Cat, Dev, can you tell me about my party?"

"Your mom won't even tell me about it," Ally sighed, giving Lauren a pointed look.

"DJ, can you tell me about my-"

"Little Sun, if I knew about the party we'd be on the roof screaming to the whole neighbourhood about it."

"Wait, we can go on the roof?" Reagan asked, Lauren taking her turn to give someone a look, this one going to Dinah.

"Nope. You can't. I was kidding."