19

August 29th

Dally's POV

I run faster then ever, running no matter how much my lungs were burning. times like this i regret smoking so much. i run all the way to Kelly's house, and my eyes sting with tears because i can only imagine what they did to her.
i walk up to the giant ass house, wondering how Kelly wasn't considered a Soc. i knock impatiently, desperately in need of a cigarette to calm me down. the door opens and kelly's face falls.
"uh.. what are you-?" kelly begins.
"i need to see elena" i say desperately. kelly looks frightened by my mood so she nods her head and let's me in. her house is nice and all but i was too anxious to realize i was in a Soc's house. I follow kelly to the steps and she stops at the bottom.
"Third room on the left. she's going to be pissed" kelly says quietly. i look at her and nod. i think she saw the desperation in my eyes, or the tears because she smiled sympathetically.
i practically run up the stairs and barge into the room, not even bothering to know.
"What the hell?" Elena yells turning to me. her beautiful eyes widen at the sight of me. He left cheek is bruised her hair is messy and down over her shoulders. she's wearing my black shirt that's too big on her which is completely adorable. i walk over to her and she flinches.
"what happened?" i demand. i try my best not to sound pissed off but i'm not doing very well.
"uh..i-i, nothing" elena says, her face falling.
"who did that to you? i swear to god i'll kill them" i say more angry then before. tears made her beautiful eyes glassy.
"no one important." she whispers staring at the floor.
"no one important? look what they did to you! they hurt you! they deserve to fucking die" i half scream. i can't control my anger, someone had hurt one of the only people i cared about and i had a right to be pissed.
"was it the shepard gang?" i ask looking at her waiting for a response. she looks at the floor and wiped her tears, answering my question. i run my hands through my hair in frustration.
"i swear to god i'm going to murder those fuckers" i say, she flinches. It was then when she moved her head to look at me that i notice the giant purple hickey on her neck. i stare at it and she notices.
"i-i'm so sorry" she says, finally breaking. her shoulders were shaking, as she sobbed quietly. i wrap my arms around her and kiss her forehead, she flinches but collapses into me. they did something horrible, and i know because elena was so strong, it took a lot to make her break.
"i'm the one who should be sorry. they did this to get back at me" i say, hiding the anger in my voice. i move to get up to go kill the bastards but she grabs me and pulls me back down.
"p-please just stay with me. hold me" she whispers, so i do. we sit on the ground with my back against the wall and her in my lap. her whole body was shaking, and her beautiful bruised face was stained with tears.

"i love you so much, you know that?" i begin. "you don't deserve this, you don't deserve me. you deserve someone better, like darry or somethin. and i hate myself for this, for hurting you but..." i choke on my words, hating myself with every syllable.
"we should break up. cause if we do, then you won't be my girl and no one will ever hurt you again, and i can protect you" i finish. she stops shaking and looks at me. she smashes her lips against mine and tears fall harder onto my shirt.
"i love you so much Dallas Winston" she says sadly.
"i love you too. which is why i have to let you go" i reply and she nods.

Later that night, after Elena fell asleep i left. I went straight to buck's and drank until i couldn't see straight. i knew i was doing the right thing, to protect her. but holy fuck did it hurt like a bitch, and no amount of alcohol could take my mind off of her. i finish my shot and walk out of the bar, switchblade in hand, knowing exactly where to go and exactly who would be there.