28

September 1st

Elena's pov

I sit on the couch wrapped up in a blanket when there's a knock at the door.
"I can get it!" Grace yells running out of here room trying to get her shoes on.
I turn my attention back to the TV as Grace lets Darry in, he sits down next to me on the couch, I tense up a little but I hope he doesn't notice. Grace kisses me on the cheek and runs out the door waving goodbye to Darry. We sit in an awkward silence for a while until he gets up and walks into the kitchen. I watch him as he pours a glass of water.
"Want anything?" Darry asks.
I walk out into the kitchen and open the snack cabinet to get out one of those jumbo boxes of goldfish.
"I could have gotten that for you you know." Darry says making a sad face.
I walk back out into the living room and sit on my spot on the couch.
"What do you want to do?" I ask hoping he won't make me leave the house.
I haven't done anything since the incident all I ever do is eat. Darry plops down next to me on the couch picking up the remote and flipping through channels. After a few minutes of not finding anything to watch i rip the remote out of his hand and turn off the TV. He starts to tap his fingers on the couch and I can tell he's uncomfortable. I turn myself so that I'm facing him and I lay my head on the back of the couch.
"Lets talk." I try my best to put a smile on my face.
"About?" Darry asks turning his body so that's its facing me.
"Anything." I reply.
He turns back to the TV not knowing what to say I stare at him waiting for a response.
"Fine I'll go ask me a question and I'll answer truthfully." I sigh.
Interested he faces me again.
"What happened?" He asks. "I mean that night what really happened?"
I look down at my hands and start to pick at my nail polish. He grabs my hands holding them in his, for a second I can feel my heart stop and all thoughts of what happened went away, all I could think about was how much I liked it when he held my hands.
I explain everything that happened when the shoved me up against a tree, the way that their hands went up my shirt, it may have been weird to tell anyone else what happened but I felt like I could trust Darry. I really liked being able to talk to someone with out the fear of them getting angry and throwing something against the wall. When I get to the part about Curly reaching into my pants I start to choke up and I can feel the tears forming. Tears start falling down my face and I cover it with my hands not wanting Darry to see me like this even though I know he already has. He pulls my hands down and stares into my eyes.
"You're beautiful, do you know that?" He says smiling.
I give him a small smile as he wraps me in a hug, my body feels so warm and comfy against his, I don't ever want to move. We stay like this until my tears start to subside and he finally lets go.
"Thank you." I whisper leaning my head on his shoulder.
He wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me in closer. For the first time in a while I felt like everything was going to be ok, I felt like I could be happy again.