50

September 19th

Elena's POV

I roll out of the bed hazily, waking up from an hour nap to a text from Darry lighting up my phone.

Darry: Hey beautiful, what time should i come get you?

Elena: Uh, i need two hours :) is that okay

Darry: Yeah that's fine.

Elena: What are we doing anyway?

Darry: You'll see 😉

  I click my phone off and smile. i get up off the bed with difficulty, and a pain shoots through my chest. My ribs are healing, but damn do they still hurt like a bitch. I adjust my boot and get up and walk over to the mirror.
"Grace!" i yell. a few seconds later she comes running up, in my knee high socks and one of soda's big DX shirts.
"Yes?" she sings poking her head in the room.
"I need help getting ready, i have a date" i reply, and her eyes widen.
"I was born for this." she says excitedly and i laugh. She picks out a light pink crop top and high waisted black shorts.
"You look good in pink" Grace insists, even though you can see the bruising under the crop top.
       I fix my hair and do my makeup and text Darry. Before grace slips out of the room she winks as she puts something into my purse. I roll my eyes as she giggles and leaves.

Darry: I'm here.

I walk out the door and take a deep breath. He's standing outside of the pickup truck in jeans and a black shirt that's sticking to his muscular frame, carving his features. His hair is slicked back and surprisingly not full of grease. He opens the door for me and i get in with difficulty, and he gets in after.
   "Where are we going?" i ask giggling as he starts the truck.
"Somewhere" he replies. For once he doesn't look worried or stressed, he looks happy. He catches me looking at him and i blush, he rests his hand on my thigh as we continue the drive.
      When we arrive the sun is setting, and the gold and pink colors of the sky were vibrant.
"Did i tell you that you look beautiful?" Darry asks, and i blush.
"Cause if i didn't, you do".
     I get out of the truck and wince as i step with the boot weird. Darry laughs and in a instant swift movement he is carrying me in his arms. He puts a bag in my lap and we laugh as we walk. Soon he sets me down and i realize we are at a park.

    "So where are we?" i ask looking around, he sits across from me on the damp grass.
"Broken Arrow Oklahoma" he says quietly, looking at me.
"More specifically, where my parents met".
  I look at him with wide eyes, he immediately starts blushing which is adorable because i've never seen this side of Darry, i've only been around the hardass father-like darry. It was nice being around the kid darry.

    "My parents used to take me here a lot, before they had Soda and Pony and we had to move. But yeah, they met here when they were kids" he says, watching my face for a reaction.
"It has a great sunset view, and i thought you could learn more about me i guess" he finishes, his voice trailing off.
i smile and look at him and his beautiful eyes.
"It's beautiful" i say,
"so are you" he replies.
  Darry pulls out a bottle from the he brought with us, and opens it. It's really fancy wine that tastes great, we share it and talk looking up at the stars.
    "I wish my parents had a cute story" i say, taking a sip from the wine.
"My dad met my bitch step mom at a supermarket, and i don't know how he met my real mom", he nods.
"he doesn't talk about her much, since she left and didn't come back, i wish i knew how they met" i say.
"i'm sorry" he replies, not knowing what to say.
"it's fine, i didn't know her much. i'd like to think she wasn't like Ellen though, my dad doesn't deserve what she gives" i say, my voice trailing.
      He reaches over and grabs my hand, and i blush. A feeling comes over me and suddenly i'm on top of him, kissing him. i take him by surprise but he kisses me back.
  i pull away smiling and he smiles back, i sit back down and look
"My dad used to tell me that shooting stars were angels flying back to heaven" i say taking a sip of wine laughing.
"Really?" he says laughing loudly.
"Yeah, were you told differently?"  i ask.
"Yeah. you see my mom was a very original, crazy woman. Probably why her and Dally got along so well" he begins.
"She used to tell me shooting stars were angels throwing away their cigarettes, before they got caught for smoking" he finishes, smirking.
I laugh and imagining little Darry taking this very seriously, like he took everything seriously.
    We continue talking until gets too dark. He picks me back up and we walk to the truck. We drive back to Tulsa talking about little things. When we get back to the apartment he comes out and opens the door for me helping me out.
"i had a lot of fun" i say earning a cute smile from Darry.
"Me too. Hopefully we can do it again" he replies, his hands are playing with the hem of my shirt and i laugh. He pulls me into him and kisses me, i kiss back and break away at the sound of the door opening from the apartment.
   Darry smiles at me and gets into his pickup, and i wave as he drives away. i turn around to the open door and come face to face with an obviously pissed off Dallas.
"I thought you got out in 20 days?!" i say dumbfounded.
"Bail and good behavior" he replies, practically running past me, his shoulder hitting me on his way out.
"What the fuck" i mumble, walking up to the apartment. Grace looks at me with wide eyes.
   "I bailed him out when you told me not too, please don't be mad" Grace says. I roll my eyes and walk to my room. I wasn't pissed off at Grace for getting him out, but something was unsettling about the look on Dally's face. It was a mix of anger and hurt, and he tried to cover it up but i knew him too well.