[Chapter 12] Wanting To Talk To Her

Author's Note: Hey! I'm sorry it took so long for me to update this book. I feel bad =( I just have so many other stories and they just keep piling up. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and it would be awesome if you told me what you thought. There's probably only one or two more chapters after this one for "I Got A Feeling", so...yeah =P Thanks for reading! -rac06h10ael

-Ian's POV-

I was really hoping that solving the immediate problems (apologizing to Anthony and reuniting Natalie and Rachael) would be the only thing I would have to do. But according to Anthony, and Natalie and Rachael who agreed with him when he brought it up during dinner, I needed to make amends with Melanie.

"Guys, people break up all the time and never talk to or see each other again," I tried to convince the three of them as I picked at my food. They all gave me the same look - the look that said that this situation was different. "What? Just because I'm a YouTuber doesn't mean I'm any different than any other person."

"True, but you didn't break up with Melanie like any other person," Anthony explained.

"You broke up because you were being irrational," Natalie elucidated.

"And stupid," Rachael added. Anthony glanced over at her and smirked. She blushed in response.

I set my fork down and sighed, "You just don't understand. I said some things to her that...that I can't take back."

"Like what?" She inquired, picking up her soft drink and taking a sip.

I shook my head, vividly remembering what went down between Melanie and me that day. "I said she was getting too clingy, always wanting to talk and do things together. I also called her annoying and bitchy. She left saying she hopes I find someone who's as bitter and mean as I was." I paused and looked at everyone. They all just gave me a blank stare. I leaned back in the booth and continued, "I just don't think wanting to talk to her now is going to do shit."

They didn't respond immediately. It was Natalie who cleared her throat and said, "You won't know until you try, Ian."

I looked up at her and frowned. Sure, part of the reason I was hesitant to make things right with Melanie was because I'm almost one hundred percent positive that it wasn't going to work. But the real reason was because I did find someone like Melanie hoped I would. I found Natalie. Except...she wasn't bitter or mean. She was the exact opposite, putting up with me when no one else would. Months ago, when I first started regretting everything, yeah, I would've jumped at the opportunity to apologize to Melanie. But now...

"Yeah, I agree," Anthony remarked as he shoved a forkful of food into his mouth, "I mean, what's the worst that can happen?" It was hard to take him seriously with a mouth full of food, "Melanie doesn't forgive you?"

I laughed, mostly at Anthony but partly in nervousness, "Yeah, I guess so..."

"Then go for it!" Rachael exclaimed.

*****

I stared at the front door in front of me as I tried to calm my nerves down. I glanced back at my car, where Rachael, Natalie, and Anthony were watching me from the road. I turned back around and heaved a sigh, cracking my neck and shaking my hands out. I took in a big breath and raised my hand to knock on the door. I took a step back and waited for her to answer. When she did, I jumped.

"Ian? What are you doing here?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

I scratched behind my neck, "Can we please go inside, Melanie?"

"Why?"

I swallowed hard, "B-b-because we need to talk."

"But I have nothing to say to you," She retorted coldly.

I looked back and saw all three of them signaling me to keep going. I heaved a sigh and turned back around, "Okay, but I have something to say to you." She rolled her eyes. "Look, I know I said that I was sick of being everyone's idiot. But it's true. I'm everyone's idiot. Because I was stupid enough to push everyone and everything that I care about away." I watched as she loosened up. "I said some things to you that I didn't mean and regret, Melanie. I'm sorry I called you clingy, annoying, bitchy...I just...I don't know what I was thinking. But I do know that..."

Before I could finish my apology, she jumped at me and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back.

-Natalie's POV-

I watched as Ian and Melanie made up. Part of me was happy for them. But the other part of me wasn't. Over this time that we were all torn apart, I kind of started to like Ian, romantically. So when Anthony brought up Ian making amends with Melanie, I don't know...I just...didn't agree completely. Sure, I want Ian to be happy. And if him making up with Melanie will do that, then by all means, make up. But if it leads to them dating again...I...I don't know how I'd feel then.

"I honestly thought he was going to choke," Anthony stated as he turned around in the passenger seat so he was facing Rachael and me.

"I knew he could do it," Rachael retorted.

"Yeah..." I murmured.

Rachael glanced over at me and tilted her head to the side, "Is everything okay, Nat?"

I nodded my head yes, "Mhmm."

"Everything doesn't sound okay," Anthony added.

I shrugged my shoulders.

Everyone went silent after that. Nothing was spoken between us until Ian hopped in the driver's seat after talking with Melanie. A wide smile was on his face.

"So, how'd things go?" Anthony inquired curiously as he turned back around.

Ian started the car up and buckled his seat belt, "Well, she and I agreed that we wouldn't start dating again right now. So we decided to just be friends," He stepped on the gas pedal and we sped forward. I noticed him looking back at me in the rear view mirror. I couldn't read his expression.

"Well that's better than completely hating each other, right?" Rachael questioned.

"I guess so," He answered, still looking back at me.

The rest of the ride was pretty quiet except for when Anthony reminded Ian about how he wasn't completely done making things right.

"What else is there? I swear I've fixed everything I fucked up!" Ian argued.

"No, you're still missing something," Anthony replied with a smirk.

"What? What is it?"

He glanced over at him and said, "You need to make things right with your fans."