[Chapter 13] Accept My Apology

-Ian's POV-

I sat down in front of the camera and heaved a sigh. I turned my head to the left to see Anthony, Rachael, and Natalie all standing in the doorway of the office, waiting for me to make things right with my fans. I shook my head and turned on the camera I hadn't touched in months. I wasn't even quite sure I pressed the right button, but let's hope I did.

I took in a big breath and opened my mouth to say something when I choked up. I just stared at the camera, my eyes wide and my mouth hanging open. I was frozen. Just then, Anthony walked up from behind me and stopped the recording. "Dude, what happened?" He asked me as I managed to look up at him.

"I...I can't do this," I stuttered in response, "I just can't."

"Why? You've never had this problem before..."

"Let me talk to him," Natalie remarked, stepping into the office for herself, "You and Rachael go do something, Anthony..."

Anthony was hesitant to leave. But after Natalie gave him her signature death glare, he finally walked out of the room, taking Rachael by the hand and leading her away. Natalie closed the office door and turned around so she was facing me.

"I don't know why I can't-" I started to say when Natalie walked up to me, slipped her hands under my jaw, and pressed her lips against mine. I was shocked at first, but I soon relaxed and went along with it. She pulled out of the kiss but kept close.

"You can do this, Ian. I know you can." She said softly, running her fingers through my hair.

I didn't know if it was Natalie's kiss or if it was just the fact that someone believed in me again, but I suddenly had the courage to make this video. I nodded my head yes.

She flashed me a quick smile before stepping back and walking out of the room. I spun around and sighed, raising my hand and pressing the record button again. "Hey guys," I restarted, a smile slowly creeping on my face.

-Anthony's POV-

Rachael and I were in the living room, sitting on the polar opposite ends of the couch. There couldn't have been more space between the two of us. If there were, one of us would be sitting on the floor. I looked over at her and she turned her head the other way. I don't know what's changed. She and I used to have this...this connection. This spark, even. But nowadays, that connection or spark is gone. Instead it was replaced by an awkward tension.

I moved maybe an inch closer to her on the couch to see if she would react. Which she did - she shot a quick glance over at me before looking away again. I moved another inch closer. Another glance. Another inch. This time she stood up and heaved a sigh, "You know, I think I forgot something in the car." She remarked, darting for the front door.

I exhaled loudly and fell to the side so that I was lying on the couch. I heard footsteps and looked up to see Natalie come out of the bedroom hallway.

"Well?" I asked.

"He's going to do it," She answered happily.

"What'd you say to convince him?" I inquired, sitting up.

Her cheeks grew a bright shade of red and she walked over to sit beside me on the couch, "I didn't really say anything. It was more so that I did something." I gave her a confused look. She noticed my confusion and decided to change the subject, "So, where's Rachael?"

I scratched behind my neck, "She, uh, forgot something in the car."

Just then, Ian walked out of the office. Natalie and I both rose to our feet.

"So?" Natalie inquired.

A smile crawled onto Ian's face, "I did it. It's uploaded."

"Alright, man!" I exclaimed, pulling him into a quick hug. I stepped back and Natalie went to hug him.

"Thanks, I just hope that the fans accept my apology," He remarked, slipping his hands into the pockets of his pants. There was brief moment of silence before he asked, "So, Anthony, am I done making things right?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know, are you?"

He crossed his arms over his chest and took my question into consideration, "I don't know who else I have to make it up to. You and I made up, I made Natalie and Rachael make up, I made up with Melanie, and I just made up with the fans. I don't know who else there is."

"Then I guess you're good," Natalie retorted with a smile, slipping her arm around his back and leaning into his side. Ian looked down at her and grinned.

"Well, I think I forgot something in the car too, guys, so...I'll be back," I blurted out, walking out the door and looking to my left and right.

-Rachael's POV-

I was walking down the street to nowhere in particular, I just wanted to get as far away from that house as I could. I just couldn't stay there. I didn't want to admit that I had feelings for Anthony. I'd seen him at his worst and his worst scared me. He treated Ian like shit just because Ian got fed up with everything. What if he did the same to me when I got fed up with everything? Not saying that I was right now, but what if it did happen?

I crossed my arms over my chest for warmth, the cold autumn air hitting my bare arms like knives. "Rachael!" I heard my name be called.

I stopped in my tracks and looked over my shoulder, seeing Anthony running towards me. I turned back around and continued walking down the street at a faster pace than before.

"Rachael! Stop!" He cried.

I didn't respond to him, I just kept walking.

I heard his footsteps pick up and soon enough I felt a strong hand grip my upper arm and turn me around. I looked up at Anthony and saw his quick breaths materialize and vanish within a matter of seconds. He heaved a sigh and said, slightly out of breath, "Why did you keep running?"

"I don't know," I murmured.

"Yes you do. C'mon, Rach, give me a legit answer."

"Because..." I started to say when my voice trailed off and I shook my head, "It's nothing, Anthony. Can you just please leave me alone?"

"No."

I gave him a confused look. "N-No?" I stuttered, shivering.

"You've been distant," He stated, taking off his jacket and putting it around my shoulders, "Care to tell me why?" He joined my side and wrapped his arm around my back, guiding me back in the direction I came from.

I shook my head, "I just want to be left alone." I stepped out of his hold and handed him his jacket back. I spun around and continued walking down the sidewalk.

I had walked about a block away when he screamed, "I love you, Rachael!" I stopped abruptly. "I love that you chose me over your sister, though it was obviously the wrong the decision." I glanced over my shoulder and watched him as he began walking towards me. "I love that, even when I was a total dick, you stayed with me. Heaven forbid I, quote en quote, 'made you sick', but you stayed." I turned around so that I was facing him. He was only a few feet away. In a quieter tone, he added, "I love you, Rachael. And I hope you love me too."

I bit my lip and hung my head. He took a step towards me and once again put his jacket around his shoulders, but this time, he used the arms of his jacket to pull me close to him and kiss me.

Author's Note: Well, I FINALLY updated this book after, like, so freaking long. I hope you liked it. I have no idea when the next update is going to be, and I honestly don't know what the next update is going to be about either, so...yeah =/ Hopefully I'll get some inspiration soon though, right? Anyways, thanks for reading! -rac06h10ael