01:

01:

"Hey" Nella says. 

Opening my bedroom door and walking in before slamming herself at the foot of my bed.

"What's up?" I ask, not taking my attention off of my laptop as I scroll through another celeb gossip website.

Although I constantly made fun of people who read the rubbish that these sites posted I couldn't help but read it myself, it was one of my guiltiest pleasures. Celebrities lives just seemed far more eventful than my own.

"Can I stay here tonight? Zara is pissing me off." She tells me causing me to nod my head in response.

Zara is Nella's twenty-one year old step mum making her only three years older than Nella. When Nella first met Zara she ranted for days on end about how her ex boyfriend was the same age as Zara.

To top it off Zara is pregnant with twins which according to Nella makes her worse to be around. I personally didn't find Zara all that bad but there was no way in hell I was going to tell Nella that.

When your best friend rants you don't object, you respect their opinion.

I don't bother asking Nella if she wants to talk about it because that is not how our relationship works. Neither of us asks each other about our troubled homes even though we both know how toxic each others house hold is. It's just a silent agreement we made.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I suggest.

Closing my laptop to give Nella my full attention while I swing around on my spin chair.

"I wanna get drunk. Is your dad home?"

Of course Nella wants to get drunk.

Shee spends nearly every weekend partying and getting drunm but that doesn't change the fact that I'm not a big drinker.

Is it weird that I still feel too young for all that stuff?

Like the way you once idolised the way they carry on in the movies, I still do but I feel like I'm too young to be doing all that stuff. But of course I suck it up because that's what all my friends are doing.

"He's working a night shift tonight."

The same way he does every night.

My dad works as security for the airport and in doing night shifts he gets more pay and more hours. Not to mention the fact that he thinks my brother and I are fast asleep by the time he leaves. But what he doesn't know is that I continued to grow up even when he didn't want me to anymore.

To say my dad is strict would be an understatement and when I try and rant about it everyone  goes on about how he is just 'protective' and it is so sweet. What people don't realise is that there is a fine line between protecting your child and having a rope so tight it's strangling your child.

"I'm calling the groupies."

I cringe at the word.

I seriously hate the word groupies it reminds me of the word grope which ain't so pretty.

Our 'group' is filled with two faced people who do nothing but backstab you out of envy. Maybe it's because I just feel like I don't belong that I have actually noticed this because Nella doesn't seem to think there is anything wrong with anyone.

"Naz, can you come tuck me in?" Kaspar, my seven year old brother, says as he stands at my bedroom door not even bothering to acknowledge Nella.

It's very simple really, Nella doesn't like kids, kids don't like Nella.