Chapter 2

Mary put Hope and I to bed, once she walked out, I walked to Hope's bed and laid down next to her, turning over. I held my bear in my arms and closed my eyes, falling asleep.
I hit the floor, but didn't care to get up, so I just continued to sleep.

I heard my mom say" Want me to wake them for you?"
Then I heard a voice say" No. Let's let them sleep."
I mumbled" Mom?"
My mom said" Go back to sleep, Faith. Gonna stay on the floor?" I still had my eyes closed but I nodded," Okay, see you and your sister in the morning." I fell back to sleep.
----
Hope and I woke up, I said" My back hurts."
She said" Because you fell and slept on the floor."
" Yeah, well... the floor is nice sometimes."
She shook her head, and we got up, Mom came into the room,
She said" Hey, girls. Get dressed." We both got dressed, and then followed her downstairs," You're both gonna meet your family."
I said" That's today?"
" Yes, it's today."

We heard a loud voice outside as Mom opened the door, Hope and I were holding hands. Mom said" Everybody, look who's awake." She rubbed mine and Hope's hair,
Hope and I said" Hello." They were all staring at us,
A man, our dad, said" Hello."
Hope said" Mom, can we go play in the garden?"
Mom said" Yeah. Sure." We walked off the porch and into the garden, sitting at one of the tables, and we started painting a blue orb.
Our dad walked to the table, then said" That's lovely. Both of them."
Hope and I said" Mom said you like to paint, too."
" I do. Very much." We continued to paint, then looked at each other, we put a piece of paper at the chair, and then looked at him, then to the paper. He sat down and grabbed a brush, then started painting, we glanced at him every few seconds, and I caught him glancing at us.

We were walking in the woods, Klaus? Dad said" I painted on Animal skins, mostly. Bark, cave walls..."
Hope and I said" You lived in a cave?"
" I lived in a hovel, all of us crowded into two rooms. It was actually nicer than it sounds. Though your uncle Kol snored. Loudly, I might add."
Hope and I giggled," I bet it was cool, always having other kids to play with." Hope grabbed his hand and stepped over a log, then I grabbed his hand and stepped over it.
" It was cool, actually. But I still felt alone. Different from my siblings. For one thing, I loved art. I used to make my own paints from flowers and berries. These orange ones are the most vibrant."
" We like orange. Oh, there's a butterfly. I think it's stuck." We sat down,
" Yeah, it has a broken wing."
I looked at Hope, she took off her bracelet and put into his hand,
She said" Shh. Don't tell my mom." She closed her eyes and held her hands to the butterfly, she healed it and then opened her eyes, it flew away. We both smiled at him, he smiled at us.
Hope said" Where's your bear?" I felt my back,
I said" I'm sewing him to my hand!" I turned around and closed my eyes, holding out my hands, then felt something fuzzy in my hands, I opened my eyes and smiled," Got him!" Hope smiled, I held the bear in my arms, tightly. We picked some flowers, and then headed back to home.

Hope and I said" Mom says when we get bigger, Freya will teach us real spells."
He said" I think you're both doing rather well all by yourselves."
" We can't always control it so well. It scares us sometimes."
He crouched down in front of us,
" you, luvs, are the daughters of Klaus Mikaelson. You're both going to be the greatest witches the world has ever seen. And nothing will scare you."
Hope and I said" We know what you are, you know. The strongest in the world. Strong enough to keep to keep all of the bad things away."
" What bad things?"
" Just bad guys. Monsters. People who are mean, selfish, and angry."
" Nothing is going to harm my little girls. Nothing will even get close. You're all that matters to me." We hugged him, he pulled us away,
" You're both trembling. Are you cold?"
" Yeah. We've been cold for a while now."
" Well, let's get you inside, then, eh? You can show me your drawings."
He lifted us both up, and we looked at a weird thing that was blue.

We walked into the room where our dad was, we said" Dad?" He got up and looked at us," We think something's wrong. We had a dream... about a bad man. He was hurting these kids and we think he hurt us, too. We feel dizzy. And our heads hurt."
He said" Hayley!" Mom ran in,
Hope said" Mom, I'm so cold."
I said" Mom, why's Hope's nose bleeding?" Mom pulled Hope and I to her, hugging us.

Everyone was crowded around Hope, Mom didn't want me in the room, but I was peeking through the doorway. Mom said" She's never been sick, ever."
Freya said" This is a magical affliction. It feels... I don't know, it's hard to explain. Almost... Cold."
" It's from Vincent Griffith. He knows what's wrong with Hope and Faith, he can cure them. But we have to go back to New Orleans."

I peeked around the corner as I saw Mom, dad and Elijah.
Mom said" Come out, Faith." I walked out,
I said" Are Hope and I okay?"
" You will be, very soon."

I fell asleep, I started getting cold again.

A man crouched down to Hope and I, he started saying a spell, Then he touched my head and Hope's.
We said" Mom?" Mom hugged us and we stood up,
" Go see your daddy." We started walking to him then crows started surrounding Hope, I yelped and jumped to dad, Mom ran to Hope. Dad said" What is this?"