Chapter 5

Hope and I read" A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds. And when the weeds begin to crawl, it's like a bird upon the wall. And when the bird away does fly, it's like an eagle in the sky. And when the sky begins to roar, it's like a lion at the door. And when the door begins to crack... It's like a stick across your back. And when your back begins to smart, it's like a knife inside your heart. And when your heart begins to bleed, you're dead and dead and dead indeed."
Then we heard our dad say" Not the most uplifting reading material." We gasped,
Hope said" It's an old book of rhymes. There's a lot of weird stuff here."
" You know, Hope, Faith, I'd rather you didn't play here, actually. All the splinters and the dust..." we looked down," ...And the bats."
" There aren't any bats."
" I've seen no evidence that your uncle Elijah doesn't sleep here, hanging upside down."
Hope and I said" Dad... was there a little boy who used to live here?" He walked to us, and crouched down,
" Come along, sweethearts. We can discuss ancient history another time." He stood and held out his hand, I grabbed it and he pulled me up, then I saw Hope grab a figure then grabbed his hand, we walked out of the attic.

Hope and I were exploring and we found a door that led underground, I looked at her then to the figure. We walked down and continued walking till we got to another door and opened it, a man was inside a circle,
We said" Hi. We think this is yours."
He said" Hope. Faith." Hope threw the figure to him," I haven't seen this in a century."
" So, you're the little boy who used to live in our house."
" Once upon a time, I lived here with your dad."
" He keeps you down here because he thinks you want to kill him. Do you?"
" Listen, I will tell you anything you want to know. Okay? If you get me some blood from your dad's stash."
" We're seven, not stupid."
" Right. You know, you're both also pretty courageous. Come down here and talk to a stranger."
I said" We're not scared. We're Mikaelson witches."
" I'll tell you what, let's start fresh, alright? It is very good to see you again, Hope and Faith Mikaelson. My name's Marcel."
We were sitting ragainst a wall,
Marcel said" You know, I'm surprised your parents haven't stormed down here looking for you."
Hope said" Our mom trusts us."
" Yeah. But your dad's never trusted anyone in his life."
" If he took care of you when you were little, why do you hate him? What did he do to you?"
" Your dad, he raised me. He made me who I am. Now, you ask if I hate him. Well, it's hard to hate the person who made you what you are. You just end up hating yourself. The trust is I would like to hate your dad, I really would. It would make things a lot easier. But, um... you can't hate someone who you loved for so long."

Something was happening upstairs,
I said" Something's wrong. We have to go."
Marcel said" No, wait, Faith, Hope. It's not safe." There was more noise, I looked at Hope," I need you to let me out of the circle."
" We can't. Our dad will be mad."
" No, he won't. I'll keep you both safe."
" We can protect ourselves, and our mom and dad. We're strong enough to stop the bad guys. We're stronger than anybody things." We took off our bracelets, a gush of wind came,
" I know you're both strong, okay? That's how I know you can let me out of here. I need you to trust me right now. Your dad rescued me. He raised me, and I knew your mom when she was a baby. We're family. What does your mommy say about family?"
" That we stick together, always and forever."
" That's right."
Then we heard a man say" He's down here."
Marcel said" Okay, look at me. Do you trust me?" We broke the spell, then the men were closer," Close your eyes and sing." We closed our eyes and then we heard a whoosh.

We were sitting on a bench, Marcel was showing us the figure. Then we heard our dad scream" Marcel!" Hope and I got up and walked to him,
We said" Dad." We looked at his hands," What happened?"
Dad said" It's, uh... its, its paint. I made quite a mess, didn't I?"
" Where's mom?"
" She's at home, waiting for you two." He crouched down," Are you both okay? You took your bracelets off."
" Dad, don't be mad. W-We let Marcel out and he kept us safe."
" I'm not angry, sweethearts, come here." He hugged us,
" Don't be angry at Marcel, either. He's our friend." He looked at us, then we started walking home, Hope and I didn't talk much.

Once we got home, Mom was hugging us and then put us to bed, after asking us what had happened and we told her what Marcel told us. She kissed our heads and we fell asleep.