Chapter 10

Hope had her sketch book out, but she wasn't drawing anything, I was hidden behind my pillows. Something was wrong and I know it, I just need to know what it is. Mom came in, She said" Hey, sweetie, drawing something?"
Hope said" Yes."
" What's that supposed to be? A snowstorm?" She chuckled," So, now that all this trouble's behind us, I thought that we could have a chat about what happens next. I know that you want to have a Normal life with friends and school and art and sports and... Hey. You okay?"
" I'm fine."
" Hope, if you're worried about the Hollow, don't be. Everything's okay now, I promise." Mom kissed her fingers and held them out, Hope just stared at her fingers.
" Can I go back to my drawing?"
" Sure, yeah." Mom got up, glancing at me, I breathed heavily and cuddled deeper into my pillows. Mom walked out,
I said" Mom, where's dad?" I held my teddy bear and ran out the door, 
" Gone to talk with Marcel, he'll be back soon, you okay?"
" Yeah, I'm okay." She felt my head, looking at me with an arched eyebrow, I smiled crookedly. I walked back into Hope and I's room, and then sat back onto my bed, staring at Hope. I tilted my head, as my hand twitched, I looked at Hope," Wanna go explore?"
She said" No."
" Okay..." I gripped my teddy bear and hid under my blankets.

I was following Hope around, well.. spying on her, She took off her bracelet and threw it into the fire, I tilted my head. Aunt Rebekah walked in, she said" What are you doing?"
Hope said" I can't be strong for my mommy and daddy if I can do magic."
" Hope, you don't have to protect them. We're all here to protect you and your sister. Now, let's get your bracelet..."
" No."
" Sweetheart, in a thousand years, our family has never been bested. There's nothing that can defeat us."
" Well, there is one thing." Then Hope made a wooden piece stab Aunt Rebekah in the back, I gasped, then ran away, taking off my bracelet and dropping it onto the ground. I ran through the rooms, trying to find my mom or Aunt Freya, someone! I slid past the door and then stopped, I ran into the room and hid behind my mom.
She said" What's wrong, Faith?"
I said" Hope's the hollow, isn't she?"
" Not exactly, sweetie, it's a linking spell."
" Is Hope gonna die?!"
" No, of course not, you have nothing to worry about." She lifted me into her arms, and looked at Aunt Freya.

Mom walked into the room Hope was in, I was hidden behind the doorway, Mom said" Hey... sweetie. Why don't you... take that chess set downstairs and we can play together. You want to find a spot and I'll fix us a snack? I want my daughter back. I don't care how long it takes or what I have to do, I will get my daughter back."
The Hollow said" You won't. Hope is still fighting, but she'll give in soon. Once this is complete, I'll be in her body permanently." Then she made mom go through the door," You won't hurt me. I'm your daughter. You can't."
Then Aunt Freya said" Inadu." While throwing something at her and smoke made Hope pass out, mom caught her before she could fall. They carried her to the couch,
Mom said" How long do we have?"
" She's not going to be happy when she breaks through that sleep spell. Which means we need to work fast." We walked out of the room, my mom lifting me up onto her hip.

I was watching Freya get ready for a spell, Mom walked in,
she said" Hope's still out. You think this'll work?"
Freya said" The pendant was built to hold a person of Mikaelson blood. So it will hold Hope. I did my best to repair it." Then it shattered,
Inadu, the hollow, said" Valiant effort... but Hope belongs to me." Then she made Freya slam into a wall,
Mom said" Over my dead body."
" So be it." Then she made my mom fly back,
" Hope will fight you."
" I can feel her love for you, it's a shame it's not enough."
" Faith, run!" Then Inadu made a piece of wood fly into her and I screamed then closed my eyes tightly, I disappeared.
I opened my eyes and saw I was stuck in a closet, I whimpered and then opened the door and peeked out, saw Vincent get slammed into a wall, I closed the door and pulled my knees up. Then I heard the door lock, uh-oh.

I heard my mom say" Where is she?"
Vincent said" I couldn't save her. Hope's gone."
" What?"
" She's the Hollow now."
Uncle Elijah said" We have to find her. Vincent, surely you can pull the Hollow out of..."
" Elijah, if it were easy enough for me to just pull her out, then I would not be standing here talking to you right now. I don't have a place to put her. The book is destroyed, alright? The book is the only thing that's powerful enough to house her eternal spirit."
Aunt Rebekah said" Well, there must be some other way."
Aunt Freya said" Vincent?"
Vincent said" I don't know any other way."
I said" Mommy! Help me! I'm stuck!" I stood up and hit the door, the door was pulled open and I saw Aunt Rebekah. She hugged me and lifted me up onto her hip,
She said" It's past your bedtime, sweetheart, let's get you to bed." She carried me upstairs and put me onto my bed, she handed me my teddy bear.
I said" Where's my mom?"
" She went out for a while, she'll be back soon."
" Is Hope gonna be okay?"
" We don't know, but we're going to try everything to get her back." I nodded, she kissed my head and walked out, I turned over and then continued to toss and turn till I fell asleep.

I woke up and my mom started explaining stuff to me, after a while, She said" Does any of that make sense to you?"
I said" We won't be a family anymore."
" No, we will be, it's just that we won't be able to be together again."
" For how long?"
" Forever, sweetie, when the hollow gets separated into your aunt and uncles and dad, we won't be able to see them anymore." I ran out and away from her, I sniffled and climbed up onto a rafter.

My dad said" Faith, are you up there?" I looked down and saw my dad looking up at me, I climbed down, and hugged him," I'm guessing your mother told you what would happen after this."
I said" But we'll never get to see you again."
" You are so brave, Faith, you're a Mikaelson, my daughter. You and Hope will be safe when this is over."
" But we'll miss you."
" And I will miss you both, very much, as well. I'm doing this for you two, so you can be safe and live a life in school, with friends, and normality."
I nodded, he kissed my head and lifted me up, carrying me downstairs.

Once the ritual was about to happen, Aunt Rebekah had just let go of me, and walked there. I had to stay in the room, for safety, I sat on the bed, waiting. I saw the bright blue light and then got up, after it stopped and then I saw everyone leave,
Dad said" Hope. Faith. I love you."
Hope said" Dad? Dad! Dad!" I wiped my eyes and walked downstairs to mom, she wrapped arm around me and held me and Hope.

Aunt Freya said" Your aunt Rebekah asked me to give you this. She loves you both so much. Family heirlooms are... very important. They remind us here we come from, and that no matter where we go, our family is with us. I love you both."
Hope and I said" We love you, too, aunt Freya." We hugged her and then she helped us put on our jackets, Mom came down and handed us our bags, I put my bag on as did Hope, while Mom hugged Aunt Freya.
Mom said" You ready?"
Hope and I said" Yeah, yeah."

We were at our new school, talking to some girls, we saw our mom and waved at her, smiling, She waved back and smiled.