Chapter 3

Dad said" What is this?"
The man said" I don't know."
Hope whispered" Mom? Can you hear that?"
Mom said" It's..."
" Whispers. Saying a name, over and over. Kre Nah Han... Kre Nah Han..."
" Vincent, what... what is that?"
The man, Vincent said" It's a nearly forgotten dialect. It's Creole. It means the Hollow. The Hollow is coming."

Mom put us into a room and I laid next to the door, standing guard to my sister, she's sick. Mom walked out after checking Hope and then after a few minutes, someone opened the door. I said" Who is it?" I sat against the door,
My dad said" You should be in bed, Faith." I opened the door and he lifted me up, carrying me back to the bed to Hope. He sat down," How are you feeling?"
Hope said" I'm still so cold. Are the birds gone?"
" Yeah. They're gone, sweetheart. And when you're both better, which will be soon, you two and I are going to share the biggest plate of beignets you've ever seen. And you can tell me where in this big, wide world you'd like me to take you next."
I said" Mom said you loved New Orleans most of all."
" I did, once. But putting your love in a place is a mistake. Being here in our home, seeing these walls, I am reminded that it is people who are best suited to fill our hearts."
Hope said" Dad. I don't feel so good." I got scared, Dad placed both his hands on each of our heads.

Hope said" That man, Vincent... Mom said he was a witch. That he came to help us feel better. But I feel worse."
Dad said" I know. I know. But don't worry, because as we speak, your mother and your Uncle Elijah are working with Vincent to fix you and Faith up. So you both just stay calm and they'll make everything alright."
I said" Do you know what it is? The Hollow?"
" No, sweetheart... I don't."
Hope said" It wants those other kids. I can feel them. I think it wants me, too."
" I am not gonna let anything take you, or Faith. I promise you that. I'm going to keep you both safe, always and forever."

Hope went to sleep first, I said" But what if the Hollow.."
Dad said" I will not leave the room, I promise, Faith, Go to sleep, sweetheart."
I closed my eyes, and fell asleep, squirming around for a minute then fell asleep deeper.
I heard my dad's voice say" I know you can hear me. I want you to listen. The heart which beats in your chests are warrior hearts. The hearts of a Mikaelson. Whatever hold this power has over you, it is nothing compared to your strength. Yours is a power greater than you know. Come on. Hope, Faith."
Then I felt him unclip my bracelet, my eyes opened, Hope and I said" Dad. We saw them. The other kids. They're so scared. Promise us, if you ever see the blue lights don't look at them." Then I saw air from hope's mouth, I tried to sit up, but
Dad said" Lay back down, Faith, everything will be okay." I laid back down and closed my eyes, falling asleep.

I jolted up, Freya said" It's okay, it's okay, Faith." I breathed heavily, looking at her,
I said" Where's my mom and dad?"
" They're out, they're going to fix you two up. Go back to sleep."
I closed my eyes, falling back to sleep.

I woke up as Hope did,
Freya said" Hope, Faith." She hugged us, we hugged her back,
We said" We're not cold anymore."

Hope and I woke up, and saw beignets, we grabbed one each and then got up, out of bed. We walked out of the room, and then walked across and up some stairs, we continued walking till we saw our dad. We smiled then he turned around and his eyes glowed blue, we screamed.

I opened my eyes and breathed heavily,
Hope and I mumbled" No, no, no. It's here. The Hollow... it's here."