Steve x reader

A/n: basing this off of the secret empire comics so anyone who's read them should know what to expect

  ...............

You couldn't wrap your finger around it despite the amount of times they'd told you. Steve Rogers was the enemy. Captain America was HYDRA. You stood facing him, your gun aimed to blow a slug into the middle of his forehead

  A tear made its way down your cheek. The man you loved wasn't who you thought it was.

  "I don't want to do this Steve"

"Then don't. Come join me. We could be together"

You scoffed. "Join HYDRA? Over my dead body"

"The sad part", Steve said, "was that I actually cared for you"

"You used me. You used us. Your... Your friends. Or at least we thought we were"

"I love you (y/n)"

"Don't feed me that crap Steve. It may not look like it but I will not hesitate to put a bullet in your brain"

"I've spent years analyzing you all. You can't"

"Don't test me when my feelings are on edge. You should know that after all the 'analyzing' you did",you said.

"I did what I did to better the world"

"World domination is your idea of betterment?", You scoffed, "Then I'd hate to see your punishment"

"World peace. We will bring peace."

"Is that what they tell you? Your taking away free will , enslaving. You used to hate them Steve. They took Bucky. They took you away from Peggy. They brought you into a world you didn't know. Yet, you side with them. One mess up and you're dead"

"You wouldn't understand", he said

"You think?"

"I give you a choice. Join me or fall with all who resist us"

You'd rather take Thor's hammer to the face. You knew you could kill Steve but the others were counting on you.

"I stand for the truth"

"HYDRA is truth. We are worthy. You saw that when I lifted Mjornir"

"Appearances can be deceiving", you said.

Any second now. Miles was supposed to swoop in. All you needed was to keep him busy a little longer. You couldn't bear to hurt him.

"You've been stalling the inevitable. You have fallen. There was no hope , you should have picked the right side"

You spotted Miles rounding on Steve. You were relieved to see the black and red clad hero

(A/n: Miles Morales is another Spiderman. He's a black person and his suit is black and red with essentially the same Spiderman design)

"Your attempts are pathetic. We are superior"

Everything was a blur to you. Just as Miles was about to attack him, Steve flipped around with incredible speed, striking him with enough force to kill the average civilian.

Miles

He turned back to face you with a dark chuckle. "Nice try"

You were on last resort. You couldn't stall anymore. You clicked the safety off your gun and clenched your jaw strengthing your resolve to shoot the man you loved.

"You and I both know you won't-"

You hadn't even registered what you'd done till you saw the red spread on the torso of his suit. It wouldn't kill him. It would hurt like hell and slow him down though.

"Impressive",he said.

" I will kill you if the need be Steve"

  You heard the bullet before you felt it. The pain radiated around your shoulder as you dropped your gun. You were prepared by the time the second bullet hit you in the thigh. You dropped to your knees. You didn't know where the sniper was but they were doing their job.

And you were going to do yours. You weren't going down alone. You picked up your guns and fired two shots at Steve's legs. Not long after two bullets went through your hand and into one of your internal organs.

You fell on your side. You vision was blurred and splotched with black. You made out Steve's figure above you.

"Join me and I can save you",he said . You could make out the pain in his voice. You weren't sure if was because of you or the bullets you'd put in him

"Never",you said as fell into unconsciousness.

..........

I feel so evil. Anyways, hope you enjoyed. Sorry it's a bit short