Peter Quill x reader

You'd been guardian of the vault of Knowhere for a long time. You loved your job, that was for sure. Although, the talking dog, Cosmo could be a pain

You heard noise coming from the vents and narrowed your eyes. You secured your whip from it's holster. You moved a bit to the side so whoever it was wouldn't see you from the vents.

"I'm going in", you heard.

Peter Quill A.K.A star-lord, esteemed leader of the guardians of the galaxy fell through the vents in a rather unsophisticated manner.

What was he doing trying to steal from Cosmo? They were allies.  He walked to Cosmo's bone from earth and took it out of the case

You pulled out your whip and cracked it at your feet. He turned in your direction and gave a dumb expression.

"Drop it", you said lowly

"Drop what?",he asked, hiding the bone behind his back. You rolled your eyes and shot your whip out. It wrapped around his ankle and you pulled. He fell and tossed the bone into the air.

You dove after it, barely just catching it. When you looked back up at Peter, he had his element blaster pointed at you.

"Boom",he said. As he shot at you, you deflected and dodged in movements so accurate they could have been a dancer's. You ran across the room and slid towards him, taking him down with you.

You pinned him to the floor faster than he could process . He stared up at you in shock. "Well, this is kinda embarrassing",he said.

The door of the vault creaked open and Cosmo trotted in with the rest of the guardians following after him.

"Well done (y/n)", he said," You have successfully defeated Peter"

"Told you Quill would be too easy to beat", Rocket said. You pushed yourself up from the floor and stepped away from Peter.

"Quill is pathetic", Drax said, "I told you it would be wiser to send me in"

"Right here guys",Peter said, getting up from the floor. "Right here".

"At any rate, good job",Gamora commended you.

You watched all of them apprehensively then walked out of the room. They weren't worth your time.

"Woah, where's she going?", Peter asked.

"Your horrible  performance must have offended her". Drax let out a laugh. Rocket soon joined in, adding insult to injury.

Gamora placed a hand on his shoulder. "Why don't you go find out what's wrong?".

He nodded then jogged out of the room, after you. You were a long way ahead of him but he managed to cover the distance. He slowed to a walk once he reached your side.

"Hey, you got away pretty fast. Did I do something wrong?. Sorry, it I did".
You spared him a glance as you walked, your face void of any emotion. What exactly was he playing at?

You held his eyes long enough to let him know you had acknowledged him then you fixed your gaze forward again. You had no intention of answering his questions.

"How about dinner? Let me show you how sorry I am". This was obviously what he wanted. But you were no fool. Neither were you oblivious to Quill's exploits.

"Leave me alone". With that you, phased through a wall. A satisfied smile crossed your lips when you heard Peter banging on the wall, unable to pursue you.

•°•<<time skip >>•°•

You'd gone out of your way to avoid Peter Quill. But he was too persistent for his own good. It was endearing but also massively annoying. But he hadn't bothered you today, which was surprising.

You took a sip of your drink. Your informant would be here soon. Honestly, you did so many different jobs for Cosmo, you might as well be his assistant.

The doors of the bar opened and you scowled at the figure that walked in. And he walked straight towards you with a smile, plopping down in the seat opposite of you.

"Leave. I'm waiting for someone"

"I know",he said. "Cause I told Cosmo to say that to get you here".

You huffed and started to get up. He held your arm to stop you. "Hey, at least finish your drink before you leave".

You begrudgingly took your seat. You'd give him two minutes." Start talking"

"I didn't know any other way for you to meet me. You know, you're human which is surprising on Knowhere. You intrigue me. That, and you are the most beautiful girl I've seen"

You scoffed and folded your arms over your chest. "You say that to every girl. Your reputation preceeds you. Galactic heartbreaker. Don't think I'm impressed by silver tongued words".

"I'm different, I swear".

"Different is one bad day from relapsing"

"Just one date".

"What do you hope to achieve? Soon you'll be flying off in your ship to another planet and leave me behind. I'm not like a vacation fling Quill and you and I could never work out".

"You could come with us",he said

"Big dreams Quill". You tossed back your glass, swallowing all of its content. You got up. "You should give up".

"I don't do giving up".

You nodded and walked out of the bar. The waiter approached him. "You must pay for her drink sir. She cannot leave without payment".

Peter stared at the door which you'd just exited. You were something, alright. And he had to have you