Chapter 5

Madeline's POV

I tried opening my eyes. I felt something in my mouth but I couldn't see. It was dark in the surroundings and my eyes hurt for some reason. I tried to move my hands and felt a rope tied around my waist and hands. I tried pulling but it hurts so I reluctantly stopped. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. Who would ever do this! I did nothing wrong! The tears were turning into a cloud raining hard. I sobbed and sobbed until I couldn't breath. But I stopped suddenly. I remebered that mom and dad would tell me to never give up. To find a solution in every situation. And to not cry. Crying won't help. I straightened up. I must have looked like a monster with trails of dry tears on my face. Ok you got this. Maybe you should try squeezing your body and making thinner. I tried it and it didn't work. But I still had hope. Well, if that didn't work, maybe I should try moving my hands around so I can feel where the knot is and I can untie it. Moving my hands in my inch so that there won't be to much pain, I managed to find the knot and fortunetly, they were dumb enough not to tighten it. I pulled and pulled with all my might. Before I had no more energy to continue, i was able to untie the knot! I could see now that my eyes adjusted to the dark.
I stood up and looked around It was a small room with a table and the chair I was sitting on. I walked towards the table and checked it out. There was a dagger, some paper, and a key. A key! I grabbed the key and tried it on the door. Didn't budge. I went back to the table to get the dagger, just so I can defend myself. I tried the key again in the other direction. It worked. I checked the room one last time before I excited.
The hallway was narrow and there were so much turns and doors that I didn't know where I was supposed to go. I turned the corner and the place suddenly felt so familiar. While running, I tried to remember why it was familiar. The walls...the paintings...the floor. Oh my gosh. It was from the dream that I have been killed.
I looked behind me. There was the man who killed me. I looked a head. Dead end. I was starting to panic. I didn't know how to fight. That's when I remembered that I had a dagger. I pulled the case out of my pocket and pulled the dagger out. The man came closer and closer. But he didn't look like he wanted to kill me. I tightened the grip on the dagger, ready to fight. As he came closer, I noticed that he had the same eyes as me. My back hut something. I can't back up anymore. I was trapped.
When I was about to attack with all my strength, Miya flew between us. I swung just next to her head. I screamed in surprise, "Miya! I almost frickin killed you! How did you get here!"
Miya shrugged like it is not a big deal. She turned to look at the guy she saved from being hurt by me. "Esther? Esther!" she shouted. Miya hugged the guy.
"Wow you are bigger now Millai. Last time I saw you, you were as small as my head!" the guy so called Esther told Miya.
Miya and Esther talked and talked about stuff when I just stood there with a blank expression. How does this guy even know Miya.
Miya tapped on my shoulder. I looked at her and said, "Yes. What do you want?" Miya took my hand and Esther's hand and put them in a shaking position. She let go and waited. We shook hands and let go of each other.
He took a look at me. "Emerald! My sister, is that you?!" He asked. I was puzzled and answered back, "Umm...I am sorry, you have mistakened me for someone else. My name is Madeline. Madeline Dellif."
He looked at me with the same puzzled face. He did look like me for some reason. I did ask mom before if I had any siblings. But her response was blank and she would switch to another topic. I suddenly felt a tear rolling down my cheeks. Esther saw it and quickly hugged me. I stayed in his arms. I really did feel connection with Esther. But it was stronger than me and my mom's comnection. It really felt like we were siblings. I pulled away. I told him, "Thank you for that. I really needed it." Esther nodded and gave me another quick hug. Miya was watching us. She looked like she has been crying for years.
Esther grabbed my hand and said, "Well let's take you to the palace sister. You are smart. You were able to get out of that rope the guards tied around." He gave me a thumbs up. I walked with him through many doors and turn many corners. I know he was still a complete stranger, but I trust him. Miya was following behind us, looking at everything we past by.
"Ummm Esther, why did you call me Emerald earlier and why did you call Miya, Millai. And why did you have to kidnap me?" I asked him. Esther replied without even giving a look, "I am not the one who should be answering that. Mother should, or should I say the queen?" He gave me a smirk. I was confused. If my real mom is there queen, who is the lady taking care of me. I was interupted when my brother said, "Here we are little sis. The grand Everleigh palace." I gazed up. The palace was huge! And it was like five times taller than the Eiffel tower! I whispered a short 'Wow' under my breath. It was a sight. We walked through a flight of doors and up one long staircase. Esther push through big double doors and sighed, "Here we are little sis! The grand throne room!" I looked around. It was huge! The throne room was even bigger than my house! And to think it is just a throne room! Esther motioned us to walk up to a woman sitting on throne. Was she the queen? Is that my mother? I looked at every body here. They all had the same eye color as me. Esther shouted to every body, "Princess Emerald Liora has returned!!" The people screamed and shouted as loud as they can. I was so confused. First, Esther called me Emerald, and now they call me a princess? I am not princess material. What if they make me queen! I am definetly not queen material! I was very nervous to meet their queen. Especially if she really is my mom.
"Esther, thank you my child." the queen said. Esther nodded and backed up. Her voice was suprisingly kind. The queen turned to me. "I missed you sweet heart." She started having tears. So did I. Without thinking I hugged her. I felt really safe with these people for some reason. While we hugged, the people were cheering. The queen pulled away. She kissed my forehead and said, "Let's get you to your room now sweety?" I nodded. She motioned for Esther to show me to my room.
He put his hand out and said, "Shall we?" I put my hand on his hand and said, "I'll be glad to." We walked out of the double doors with Miya following us. The corridors were packed with people with cameras and microphones. Good thing Esther was blocking me from them or else I would have fainted from everyone crowded around me asking questions.
Esther pushed through a blue door and motioned for me to go in. It was beautiful! I can't believe that I get to sleep here!
"Well little sister, my room is just next door so you can knock any time if you need anything." I hugged him and said thanks. He closed the door behind him. I examined the place. I had my own bathroom, and my own walk in closet! I took off my shoes and lied down on my bed. It was huge! It looked like two king sized beds together and it was so cozy! I think I could get used to this. It was even better then I expected.
I put on my shoes and walked into the closet. I found some PJ's and put them on. Walking out, I saw Miya already lying down on my bed. I giggled and lied down next to her.
I think I like this place...