Chapter 13

Princess Emerald's POV

"......then.....he gave me.....well....his heart..." Mom and I were tearing up now. The thought of my father dying and sacrificing his life for mom and I makes me want to avenge his death. But how? I thought. I can't just kill the woman who had been taking care of me my whole life.
     "Mom?" I asked wearily.
     "Yes honey?" she said.
     "Well I just wanted to ask," I looked at her, "do I have a sibling, besides Esther?"
      Mom pulled away and wiped her tears. Then she replied, "Well. I hope so not. So as far I know, no. You don't have a sister or a brother." She paused. "I am so sorry sweety. I have to get back to the throne room. But I really loved talking with you. My child is really back." She kissed and hugged me. I nodded and waved.
     "Oh and by the way honey, Nia will be coming here. You will be able to go back to your room later after she checks on you."
     "Thanks mom. See you later."
     "See you later, my princessa." Then she walked out of the room. I sighed and and rested my head. What about my life at school? Will I ever get back and see mom, Emily?"
     My thoughts were interupted when I heard a knock on the door. "Emerald? Are you in there? Can I come in?" I was confused. Nia does not speak. Oh, it was Emily.
     "Of course you can Emily." I heard the door open. Emily walked in and sat on my bedside. "Are you feeling better? Nia sent me here to tell you that you will be able to get out of this place."
     I nodded my head and asked, "Emily, do you know my mom? I meant my 'fake' mom?"
     Emily was silent for a moment. But she finally answered, "Well yes. Is her name Amelia?" Now I was really confused. "She told me her name was Emily. Like yours. Was it a coincidence?" I asked.
     Emily stood up and said, "Well, it is kind of a long story. But mainly, she is my aunt. Yes she was a servant. But she didn't steal you because of your parents. It was because she never had a child. The queen was her sister. My mom is her sister too. But my aunt was supposed to be queen. She was denied of what they called betrayal." She paused and looked at me.
     I took up the courage and asked her, "So you are a princess? Just like me?" I gulped it down and never thought that joyful Emily could have been my cousin. Emily smiled and nodded. I asked her, "Will I ever get back to the human world? What about my school? What about Amelia?" I didn't feel normal to call my mom Amelia, but that is what I should call that traitor.
      Just as Emily was to open her mouth to answer, the door opened and Nia stepped in with tray. She smiled and said with her hands, "May I come in?" I nodded my head in reply. Emily stepped back and waved goodbye. "I will talk to you later cousin." She walked across the room and closed the door. Nia came and asked, "So, are you feeling better?"
     I answered, "Much better. Nia, when will I get out of here and back to my room? Where is Esther? Can you call him - " I was stopped when Nia held here hand up and nodded.
     "I will call Esther after you have more medicine put into you. If you get better with the medicine, then you will be able to get back to your room tomorrow." She took out a bottle and poured it into a measuring cup and poured it into a cup. I peered into the cup and saw a white substance.
     "Milk?"
     Nia nodded and handed the cup over. I took the cup with shaking hands and drank from it. After taking a sip, I felt much better. I sighed and fell back to my pillow. "Nia?" I asked. "When will Esther come?"
     She moved her hands and answered that she will call him. I nodded my head and twisted my body away from Nia. I closed my eyes and remembered the purple substance. The dream of dying. Will I die just like my dream?
     But there was no telling that I would. What about the enemies so called the Armonas? So much going in my brain made it hurt. I turned around but didn't see Nia. "Probably called Esther just like she said." I muttered. Then I remembered Miya. "Hmm. Maybe I can call Miya with my mind. There were all sorts of odd stuff that I can do. Calling people will be no problem."
     Being a stubborn person, I sit up and began to wave my hands frantically like they do in movies. Then I put it on my head and said, "Am....." I did that all over and over again until I didn't notice that the door opened. Esther peeped inside and couldn't help but laugh. By surprise I jumped up from my bed. "Oh little sis, what are you..hahaha...doing?"
     "Hey! It isn't funny! I just tried to call Miya with my brain." I stammered. That was when I realized that I had been so foolish.
     Esther laughed again and walked up to my bedside. "So, Nia told me you needed me. What is it little sis?" He sat down and pulled out a book. The book I was reading, Saphira, the queen of dragons. "Miya told me that you might like to read this. It is a bit borinh being stuck in this room lying down right?"
     "Thanks Esther. Tell Miya I would like to thank her. Now, can I ask you something Esther?"
     "Why would I be here then? Go ahead." Esther smiled and motioned his hands for me to go on.
     I sucked in my breath and asked, "What will happen to my fake mother?"

******

Hi peeps!

Sooo I am very very very sorry for not posting in the past few weeks. i had problems with the internet and of course a lot of school stuff. but here is the chapter! I am very sorry if it is too short but dont worry. my following chapters will be much longer. ♡♡♡

Also my followers rule will be to follow me and either vote comment or add my story onto ur reading list. but u have to follow me first before u get me as ur follower. ♡♡♡

thanks for reading it! plz vote and comment! ♡♡♡