Chapter 7

Madeline's POV

I opened my eyes. I was still in the bed. Miya was still cuddling in my arms. I smiled. I can get used to this. Just as I was about to get up to take a shower, someone knocked at my door. I walked to the door and unlocked it. Esther was standing outside with a breakfast tray. "Hi little sis! Did I wake you up? I'm sorry if I did, but I brought you your breakfast on a tray." He shot me a big grin.
"Thanks Esther. And no, you didn't wake me up." I shot him an even bigger grin. We both laughed.
"Well little sis, you are a jolly one. I am sure you will lighten up every body's hearts, not just mine and mother's." He gave me a hug.
Now that made me confused. Was there something that happened? Why are they sad?
"Ok, enough with play. Let's get right down to business. First you need to pick out a dress. It is for your coronation because you have come back. Mother picked a couple dozen of dresses for you to look at and try out." Esther said grabbing my arm and pulling me to the walk in closet. I think he was more excited to see me try them out then me!
"Ummm Esther...." I said pulling my arm back.
"Yes? Is there something wrong sis?" he asked with a worried tone in his voice.
"Well it's just that, well, your a boy and I umm, you know."
"Oh ok. Hah. Sorry. I will get out of the closet." He gave me a wink and went out. As soon as I heard him close the door, I looked up at all the stuff in here. There were hundreds of shirts, pants, skirts, shoes, tiara's,crowns and of course, dresses. I walked 'till I found the 'dress' section. I saw short dresses, long dresses, and summer dresses. I looked at the long dresses. One of them caught my eye. The petticoat was torquoise and the top half was light blue. The back was slightly longer which made it seem more elegant than the others. I put the dress on and walked out of the closet. Esther was waiting outside of the door.
When he saw me, he had a big grin on and gave me a thumbs up. "Wow!" he said, "You look amazing little sis! That is definetly the keeper!" He gave me a wink.
"You really think so? How did mom know my size?" I asked.
Esther shrugged. Guess he didn't know how too. "Well anyways, go and remove it sis and take a shower first. I will be in my room. Just knock when your done and I'll escort you to the throne room."
I gave him a nod. He opened the door and went out. I went back into the closet to remove my dress. I saw something shiny at the back of my eye. It was a crown. There were four jewels on it that represent the four elements. Fire, water, earth and air. I picked it up from the shelf. It was beautiful. The crown itself was real gold. I put the crown very carefully because it must have cost a fortune. I looked at myslef in the mirror wuth the dress and crown. It was perfect.
I was really about to remove them when I remembered that I can't where converse for a corination. I laughed at the thought of that. So I searched the 'shoes' section for any heals that match with the dress and crown. There were high ones, low ones, and just sandals. I thought of wearing the low heels, but I rememered I am a princess. And princesses where high heels. So I looked at the hight heel section. A lot of them weren't my style. But I saw I gold one with a big blue jewel. It was perfect! I quickly put it on and looked for a mirror. It was perfect! Everything was perfect together. I remembered that I haven't got all day, so I quickly removed my dress, crown and shoes and put it aside. I went to the bathroom and turned the water on. I looked for a shampoo. There were a line of shampoo, line of conditioner, and line of soap.
I guess this is the life of someone in a royal family. I picked a blue shampoo, a blue conditioner, and a blue soap. I fill the tub more than half way and soaked there for a bit. It felt good, but I had to be quick. I also had to do my hair because I didn't want them to do it, but Esther said that if I changed my mind, they could do it. I was already done doing my hair and body so I just needed to wash everything off. The water was so warm, it felt like I was in a five star hotel. For some reason, I just remebered mom. Well, not the queen, but Emily Dellif. The one who I thought who was my mom....
"Princess Emerald? Princess Emerald? Are you in here? Esther said only ten minutes left before you have to be there in the throne room!" It was Miya.
     "Umm thanks Miya! Just tell him that I will be done soon! Also, you don't have to call me princess anyways. Just call me Madeline. But I guess Emerald I fine."
     "Ok Emerald! Meet you at the coronation!" I heard a door slam close.
     I waited another minute or two just to be sure she is gone. I walked out of the bathroom with a towel around my body. I entered the closet and gently picked up the dress, crown and shoes. I grabbed my undergarments and went to the dressing place in the closet.
     I zipped up the dress and pu the crown on. I carried my shoes in my hands and walked out of the closet. Now in my bedroom, I look at myslef in the mirror and smiled. "This looks alright." I went out of the bedroom and put my shoes on. I walked to Esthers room and gave it a knock. No answer. I gave it another knock. Still no answer. I tried opening the door. It wasn't locked. I debated on whether I should go in or wait.
     I decided to just wait outside of his room. I didn't know where the throne room was anyways. Just then, I heard footsteps behind me. I turned to see who is there and I saw a girl and two boys.
     The girl said, "Hi! You must be Princess Emerald! My name is Emily. Emily Casper. Nice to meet you! Now that you are back, the kingdom will have something to celebrate since King Henry died!" She held her hand out. I took it and we shaked hands. She smiled and took a boy by the hand.
     The boy Emily is holding hands with said, "Nice to meet you Princess Emerald. I am Andres Matner." I shook his hands.
     The other boy said, "Umm hello, Princess Emerald." He looked at me. His eyes were just like mine, and Emily and Andres too. My name is Max Ernest." I shook his hands.
     "It is very nice to meet you all. But would you mind me asking, the king died?"
     Emily came forward. "Well, what I heard, when you, Princess Emerald, were a baby, you had to be taken away from the war of the kingdom of Everleigh and the kingom of Armona. But you were to come back when the war ended." She looked to see if I was listening and continued, "But the maid the king and queen instrusted to take care of you didn't give you back. So many years of finding and no luck, the king and queen were getting weaker and weaker. The queen would have died instead of the king, but he gave himself, his heart, lungs and blood. Just to keep her alive. So that is why he died. She looked at me. I had tears flowing down my eyes. Emily quickly grabbed her hankerchief and offered it to me. I took it and wiped my tears. They all hugged me. Max said, "Are you alright, Princess? Sorry about that. Emily didn't know you would get emotional." He nugded Emily and gave her a glare. She shrugged and said, "I am sorry. I shouldn't have mentioned that part."
     "It is fine. I shouldn't have asked anyway. Well thank you and it is nice to meet you all." I gave them each an seperate hug then went. I saw Esther across the hall. He ran towards me.
     "Sorry I am late Emerald. Just got some business to do. He held his arm out and we walked to the throne room. While walking, he said, "Are you excited?"
     I replied, "Well, I never been to a coronation before so, it is going a new experience. But I am excited." I flashed a smile. He smiled back.
     When we reached the door he whispered, "Ok. This is how it works. You and me will wait here until they anounce, 'Now let us celebrate the return of Princess Emerald Liora with Prince Esther Liora!' or something like that."
     I laughed and said, "Ok! Roger that sir!" We both laughed and waited.
     "Now let us celebrate the return of Princess Emerald Liora with Prince Esther Liora!" It was time. Esther whispered, "Are you ready little sis?"
     The door was opening. I took him by the arm and replied, "Ready."