Chapter 9

Princess Lilia's POV

     I woke up suddenly when I heard scratching on the door. I sat up and cuddled the pillows before I left the bed. I went to the mirror and looked at myself. My hair was a bit messy but that would be easy to fix. When I didn't see anything else, I picked up a brush and fixed my hair. I hurried up when I heard the scratching sound at my door. Who in the world will be scratching on my door.
     After fixing it up, I straightened my clothes and rushed to the door. I opened and it. Before I looked who was scratching, something jumped on me and started scratching!
     I struggled to catch my breath and screamed, "HELP!!!! HELP!!!! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!"
     I heard the guards rushing to me and pulled the thing off my face.
     "Are you Ok Princess?" a guard asked me while putting the thing in a cage.
     I gave him a glare as to say, no! What do you think?
     Then another guard said, "Princess Lilia, we have to get you to the doctor." I nodded and they put my arms around their heads and lifted me up.
     I could walk, but I was to weak to go far. We passed by a corridor and went through a door. We passed through another door. I saw a man in a white coat. He must be the doctor. The guards put me on a bed and walked out. I could hear them say to someone, "We got the Lichoe." They tapped on the cage.
     I looked at the doctor. He was holding a needle. I backed up. I did not like needles. Not at all. The doctor moved closer. I didn't know I reached the edge of the bed so I backed up more but I fell to the ground.
     I woke up with a sudden jerk. I opened my eyes and say down. My body ached. I lifted my hand and felt my face. I felt nothing anymore. I looked around. I was in bed. I sat up and saw King Oliver near my bedside.
When he saw that I was awake, he sat on my bed and hugged me and said, "Are you alright my child?"
     I gave him a nod and said, "Umm why did you call me your child. And I am not Lilia Alloisia. My name is Lacey Steffaña."
     The king's expression became grave. He muttered, "That witch. She made you believe she is your daughter."
     I was confused. Who made me believe that. I thought Lily Steffaña was my mom. I started crying. To think that she had lied about everything she said. About everything she told me about that she would never lie to me.
     I clenched my fists. She lied to me..
SHE LIED TO ME!! I sat down and covered my face with my hands. Tears trickled down my face.
     King Oliver knelt down and hugged me. We both cried together until there were no tears left. The king stood up and pulled me up. He said, "Ok, Lilia. Let us talk in the library. It would be a nice place because it is very quiet and you could read books about our kingdoms past." He gave me smile. I nodded my head and wiped the tears left on my face.
     We walked out of my room and into the doorway. I looked up at all the paintings in the doorways. There were like a scene full of blood and killings. It was disgusting. I shivered and looked away. On the other side, I saw a beautiful woman sitting on a horse. There was a man standing next to her. He looked a lot like King Oliver. Tears went down my face. I wiped them off and stared at the picture. Was she my mother? No. She cannot be. I never met her. But then again, I never met my so called father until now.
     It was kind of foolish anyway to be crying over someone who I never met in my entire life. We kept walking until we reached a big door. King Oliver opened it and sat down on a chair near books. I sat on the other side of the table. King Oliver pulled out what seemed like a book from the folds of his robe. He placed it down and opened it to the first page.
     Then he said, "Lilia. You must pay attention on what I will tell you. It is about your past. Then I will be talking about the kingdom's past. You have to understand your past. But not really the kingdom's." He looked to see if I was listening. I nodded my head. He continued, "Lilia, you are my daughter. You are the heir of the kingdom of Armona. You will be next in throne. But unlike many kings and queens, you are not pureblood. Your are what we call an Everona. It is a mix between the people of Everleigh and a mix between the people of Armona. I am from Armona. Your mom is from..." He glanced at me. I said, "My mom is Everleigh?" King Oliver gave me a nod and said, "Yes. Your mom is from the kingdom of Everleigh. It will be confusing, yes, but we will talk about that later. For now I will tell you about what happens when they are mixed together. First of all, both people from Evrleigh and Armona have powers. The normal people who are part of the royal family have one power. But each kingdom have their own set of powers. For example, Armona has what we call 'dark magic' while Everleigh has what they call 'light magic'."
      Suddenly there came a guard in the library and stepped up to the king. He asked for to talk to him privately. King Oliver nodded and turned back to me. He said, "Lilia, my child. I am going to somethings on the court. We will maybe talk again tomorrow. Feel free though to read the books here to understand what you need to understand." He raised his hand high and showed the books everywhere in the room. Then he placed his hand on my cheek and smiled. I smiled back. He let go and walked out of the room with the guard, leaving me alone in the huge library.
      I looked at where to start. I saw a woman behind a desk. She looked old and was wearing glasses. I walked towards the counter she was behind of. She was typing something on a computer.
      I stood in front of her and said, "Hello, ma'am. I am Princess Lilia. What is your name?" She looked up from her computer and smiled. It showed that she had no teeth. She said, "Why hello princess. It is nice of you to come back after all these years." She looked at me and continued, "You were just a baby when I saw you. But anyway, my name is Elena. Now, do you need anything here darling?"
     I replied, "Why it is very nice to meet you Ms. Elena. And now that you are asking, I would like to ask you a question. Could you tell me where the books are about the past of Armona?"
     Ms. Elena nodded. She pointed. To a bookshelf that covered a whole wall and said, "There you go darling. As you can see, there are so many books with different topics you can choose from, but all related to Armona."
     I nodded my head and replied, "Thank you so much Ms. Elena."
      I gave her a smile and walked to the bookshelf. So this is how important the history of Armona is. I looked at the spines of the books. There was one that caught my eye. I pulled it out and looked at the cover. There was a picture of a key, but no words. I was going to put it back but changed my mind. I tucked it in my arms and walked out of the library.
     I knew where some places where by now. I opened the door to my bedroom and sat on my bed. I opened the book to the first page. There were so much words.
     "Well, here it goes."

******
hi!
I am so sorry for not posting last friday! hope you guys will forgive me!! ♡♡♡
But here is the chapter you have all been waiting for! ♡♡♡
i am sorry for any wrong spelling and stuff. But thanks again guys!! hope you like it! ♡♡♡