Chapter 10

I cannot honestly believe how long it has been since I wrote! Uni and life get in the way of my writing passion. Just wanted to let you know how much it means to mean that I still have people reading my writing, and that Fast and Furious, My Version (The first book) is ranked #29 out of 217 books tagged fastandfurious. This book is ranked #3 out of 19 books tagged newchapter!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mimi had fallen asleep after the first four hours on the plane.
She tilted her chair back ordered for a pillow and was gone within moments.

I, on the other hand remained restless for most of the flight, only managing to sleep for five out of the 13-hour flight. I was too worried about what was going to happen when we landed, which gave me enough time to mull over a plan for us once we made it to Miami.

I had Cal call a valet service to pick us up on the tarmac as soon as we landed, to take us to Verone's immediately to get a head start on the problem at hand. I also had Cal call Verone to leave him a message about looking out for us coming in the early morning.

Although it would be 7am when we landed, I knew that both Owen and Verone would appreciate my handling the situation.

"Pass the pistol I'll do it." I heard Mimi murmur, "It's easy you just aim and shoot."

Normally I wouldn't take any mind of her sleep talking, which occurred quite frequently, but this confused me because Mimi very rarely used guns in her line of work. She was more skilled at hand to hand combat and the use of sharp pointy objects.

A giggle left her lips, "Carlos you missed! Here I'll shoot the water into the clown's mouth."

"I know you want to win the turtle so let me have a try."

A carnival? Carlos? I had never in my whole time of knowing Mimi heard her refer to another agent or a person from her former life as Carlos.

"Please don't Carlos, you know that I love you, we can work this out....NO!" She screamed waking herself up startled and slightly teary.

I leaned forward to slowly grab her hand trying to not scare her further.

"I don't know what memories haunt you Mimi, but everything fades away with each day." I said smiling at her, her eyes not meeting mine, but I saw that she heard me.

I stood up letting go of her hand to stand up and get a bottle of water, because Cal was in the bathroom.

I handed it to her and sat back down in my seat, getting ready for landing. I cleared away my things and put them back into my handbag and stacking the magazines on the table.

"Don't ask me." She said not looking me in the eye as she drank from the bottle.

"I won't." I said before launching into the plan, "So when we land within the next 20 minutes, we'll be met by a car which will then take us to Verone's place, it'll be 7am Miami time so I'd imagine that Verone won't even be out of bed which will give us time freshen up and get started on the day. We will then meet with Verone over breakfast to find out what it is exactly that is happening, and I'll see if I can make contact with the undercover agent that is there."

"Alright boss whatever you say." She said still looking a little shaken.

"Alright ladies, we are beginning our descent into the Miami airstrip if you wouldn't mind fastening up, the car is waiting for you on the ground and I never heard back from Mr. Verone but I'm sure that Mr. Shaw told him you were coming, and he is delighted that you will be joining him this morning." Cal said picking up the magazines and the rubbish left over, clearing our table and making sure the seats were upright.