Chapter 2

I woke up in a crappy mood. 

A mood that I knew all too well. 

The mood where I couldn't be bothered getting out of bed, let alone do what I had to do today. 

I looked at my phone to see the time, and to check how many calls and messages I had left unchecked. There were only two phone numbers that would come through my phone as emergency contacts, that I would be unable to ignore. 

A collection of the calls were from Letty, Mia and Vince, who had tried a total of 12 attempts to contact me, through calling and a further several messages which were as follows. 

Letty: Lexi you need to talk to us, Mia needs you.

Letty: Please don't become the bitch I thought you were.

Letty: Dom called, he's fine, not that you care.

Mia: Please call me back Lexi.

Mia: Lexi I'm dying here, I need to talk to you.

Mia: Dom called, he's fine, didn't say where he was, but he's fine, thought you should know.

Vince: Lexi bear, I need to hear your voice, talk to me.

Vince: Please call me Lexi, don't disappear again.

Vince: Lexi when are you coming home, will you ever come back?

Seeing these only put me an even crappier mood, because I couldn't call any of them back.  

It had been over three months since I had been back in London, but it felt like longer than that, the smiles and laughter I had shared with those I considered family were distant foggy memories.

After showering, I dressed in a bright red, mid-thigh, jumper dress, and black stiletto heels. I left my hair down in its natural waves and did my makeup in brown tones. I finished with my accessories, earrings, thigh holster for my gun, rings and a tactical knife in my bra. 

I grabbed a black knee length coat, and my sunglasses, before leaving my studio. I walked down to the garage where I kept my cars and dialed Owen.

"Good morning my love, I need you down here." He answered.

"I'm already on my way. What's going on?" I asked pulling out onto the road.

"We're choosing new recruits to replace the ones we lost." He said, as if it didn't matter.

"And I need to be there... why?" I asked, trying to keep the bitterness out of my voice.

"Well you are my second in charge you will need to approve." He replied. 

"Alright, be there in 10." I said, hanging up on him.

Once I had arrived, I checked myself in the mirror before climbing out of the car and walking over to the door, arming myself with hardened 'don't fuck with me this morning'  features. 
Walking through the door, I was greeting by a tall, muscular man.

"Out of my way asshole, I'm in a mood this morning." I said, in a threatening tone before pushing him out of my way and continuing on my way.

I walked through numerous rooms and continued up three flights of stairs. The look on my face warning all those I passed by that today was not the day to challenge me for my title as second- in- command. 

I stormed right into Owen's office slamming the door behind me, and was greeted by a large group of people. 

"Ah here she is in all her morning glory. Ladies and gentlemen meet my second-in-charge and my lovely girlfriend. Lexi Turner." Owen said, walking around them to stand by my side.