Chapter 11

Don't forget to vote and comment! May seem meaningless but I'd love to know what you guys think and I love seeing the stats of votes!

I pulled the car over and climbed out assessing the scene, the Marina was quite the mess, especially the boat with the blue Chevy Camaro hanging out the back. 

Cops, Agents and Ambulances were on the scene wrapping up the carnage. 

I assumed by the flash of federal badges and the agents walking around in FBI vests that Verone had been caught. 

That was when I caught sight of Brian and Roman - who I recognized from his mug shot. My heart skipped a jump, I was so happy that I wasn't too late and that they had survived Verone. 

I knew that I didn't have enough time before they sent Verone off and he became even harder to reach, and that I had to do what I came here for. Even if that meant Brian seeing me. 

Mimi hung back to talk to a cute guy she spotted, while I soldiered forward into the heart of the scene. I approached Agent Bilkins who was dressed in an orange shirt and khakis, who was standing next to a woman dressed in white.

"Special Agent Bilkins?" I said, addressing him. 

"Yes, can I help you?" He asked looking confused as to why a civilian had just walked into the crime scene. 

"Yes, do you mind?" I asked gesturing to his companion subtly. 

"Ah yes of course I'll be with Markham." The woman said disappearing. 

"I'm Special Agent Lexi Turner we spoke on the phone under an hour ago." I said offering him my hand.

"Ah yes, Agent Turner, it's nice to meet you, I understand that you wanted to exchange a few private words with Mr. Verone?" He said looking very confused as to why an agent wanted to share a few words with a felon.

"Yes, I can get the higher ups to give you a call, that gives me permission, although it might take them a little while to get back to me, here is my badge and ID." I said handing both over, for him to check out. 

"As long as you get them to get into contact with me, I can't have this interfere with his booking." He said with a slightly worried look on his face as he glanced over my shoulder at Verone. 

"Well it's not like this needs to go on the books, Agent Bilkins. I'm not a Special Agent for the FBI if you know what I mean, I was never here on the scene, and I never spoke to Mr. Verone." I said lowering my voice so that the many people surrounding us couldn't hear me. 

"You'll definitely need to get the higher ups to call me." He said before walking me over to Verone who was sitting on an ambulance gurney with arm in a sling and a patch over his shoulder. 

Bilkins gave me a look before asking the surrounding parties to give us a little privacy. 

"Well you must be the Miss Turner I've heard so much about?" Verone said in a husky voice keeping his eyes locked on mine. 

It was a good tactic, knowing that over 75% of people are intimidated by unwavering eye contact. It showed that you weren't yourself intimidated by your opponent, and you weren't afraid to flaunt it. This told me everything I needed to know about him. 

"Indeed, I am." I said looking around at the spectacle surrounding us. "What a mess you've made Mr. Verone, it sure has made my job a lot harder." 

I smiled through a locked jaw. 

"Yes, well this wasn't the way I had things planned." He smirked, although I could tell that he didn't find any of this funny.

"What was your plan exactly? Gather as many of your assets as you could and flee the country?" I said, I knew the tone I had taken up would seem a little rude, but I couldn't help myself.