Chapter 3

Owen shut the door behind us and locked it, every time he did that my heart raced. I had no reason to be afraid, but I would always react that way. 

"So, how's about you let me see what's under that coat of yours, and maybe remove the glasses." He said, holding my hips as he did before. 

I stepped back out of his grasp and walked over to the small table to the side of the room. 

I slid the glasses off to place them on the table, and proceeded to unbutton the coat before pulling it off. I kicked off my heels and turned to face him while I reached into my bra to take out my knife. I then lifted my dress enough to reveal my upper thighs, and to unstrap my holster, once I was weapon free, I pointed at Owen, who was watching me intently and signaled him over. 

Once he made it to me, I slammed my mouth onto his. 

To him this was a passionate embrace, but I felt like a prostitute. 

Make love, without falling in love and kiss without real passion. It was hard to see the boundaries between real and fake in our relationship, considering our honest beginning. 

I undid the buttons on his shirt and pulled it off, letting it fall to the floor. I put his gun with my own, before letting my hands roam his chest. His hands rubbed up and down my arms hard and then my hips. He picked me up with his hands under my ass and carried me over to the bed. 

Making quick work of getting me out of my dress, he continued his kisses down my neck and my chest. I was starting to relax, falling into our familiarity with one another, when there was a knock at the door. I gave him a pouting look, then pushed him onto his back to climbed on top of him. 

I kissed his jaw, neck, and down the line of his abs. I then gave him one last kiss on the lips before climbing off the bed. 

"Who is it?" I yelled, at the person on the other side of the door, all the while putting my clothes and weapons back on. 

"Tomus. Miss Turner. The files have been through the computer and all but one were accepted." He said. 

This made me stop, did Talli fail at getting Toby through the computer in time?

I walked over to the door and opened it, leaning in the doorway while putting my shoes back on.

"Oh?" I said, sounding surprised. "Who was it?" I asked. 

"It was the blonde one that Lenny interviewed. He is 16. Underage." 

I almost sighed. 

"Oh, he most definitely didn't look it. Did you ask him how he found out about the recruiting?" I asked. 

"Yeah he said that he was with a friend of his brother's on a drug deal, and the suppliers told his friend about it. His friend said to them that he was okay with his current job and wouldn't apply, so the kid thought that if his friend wasn't going to go he may as well." 

"Alright well we can't have some kid walking around knowing about us. Pay him off or threaten him, but don't harm him. The suppliers on the other hand. I want to know who they are and how they knew about this meet. The messages were specifically send to people we can trust that wouldn't rat us out. Find out how the invite leaked. So we don't make the same mistake twice. Get the kid away from the others and tell Tully, Jake and Horace to get their asses to the recruit's room." I said. 

I turned and smiled at Owen who was still sitting on the bed, before straightening myself and walking downstairs into the common room. 

"Alright listen up!" I yelled, when I walked into the room, causing them all to jump up and get into the line I had previously ordered.