Chapter Eight

Kamille K

Kamille K.

"Come with me" Ace said looking down at me

"Are you out of your mind?" I asked looking at him like he was crazy

"Just a lil go pack you a bag or some I'a wait for you in the car alright?" He said walking away before I could respond.

"Alright." I sighed trying to figure out how I was going to tell my mom and Monica I was leaving the house at almost midnight.

Walking back into the house I seen my mom and Monica swiftly walk back towards the kitchen.

"Mom-"

"Go ahead be safe." My mom said shooing me off.

"We have a lot to talk about ma'am but it can wait. I'll call later." Monica said grabbing her stuff hugging me

"Alright I'll see you later."

Going upstairs I grabbed some shoes and my bag out my closet getting all the stuff I would need for tonight and tomorrow.

It only took me a little under five minutes to grab all my stuff and I was out the door.

"See you later mom." I yelled locking the door.

Running down the driveway I got in the truck with Ace as he sat back on his phone.

"Finally." He said cranking the car up pulling off. "You always wear that lil shirt you got on?"

"It's a dress and yeah I sleep in it it's comfortable." I said sitting back. "When we get to the house can you cook for me?"

"What I look like Kamille?" He asked looking over at me

"All I want is some spaghetti" I said grabbing his large hand intertwining our fingers

"What you gone do fa' it?" he said wiggling his eyebrows

"Nevermind." I said letting his hand go sitting back in my seat.

He turned the music up and sped up just a little. The city looked so nice at night especially driving on the expressway just going through the city.

Alicia Key's Like You'll never See Me Again played through the speakers upon my request.

"So every time you hold me

Hold me like this is the last time

Every time you kiss me

Kiss me like you'll never see me again

Every time you touch me

Touch me like this is the last time

Promise that you'll love me"

I sang along with her. Somehow our hands found their way back to each other and his hand rested in my in my lap. Over the past couple of weeks I tried to just not think about a relationship with Ace. I like what we had it wasn't to much and everything with us was just going with the flow. No one but us knew what we had going on and it was just fine to us.