o n e .

for TeaUgh

dakota's pov

i heard the bell ring signaling that it was already lunch time. i quickly packed up my stuff and hurriedly walked towards the library.

i kept my head down trying not to make contact with anyone. i pushed open the library doors smiling to myself as i hadn't made contact with anyone in the halls.

"hi mrs. gonzalez." i greeted. "please call me luna dear, nice to see you again dakota." she said returning a smile. i simply nodded and made my way to the bookshelves.

i let my fingers dance around the seemingly endless rows of books. i finally pulled one out i liked and sat down opening it. i felt myself getting lost into the book.

perfect distraction

i heard the doors burst wide open and i looked up frowning. however my face softened as i realized it was my best friend. "i knew you'd be here." she spoke softly.

"it's nice and quiet here." i whispered. "don't you wanna be around more people?" she questioned. "you know how much i hate big crowds." i frowned.

"i know . . . just maybe you can try- don't you get bored just staying in here and reading?" audrey asked.

"i enjoy it." i simply stated. "i kinda sorta promised my brother you'd eat lunch with us." she rushed out. "okay, so tell him i can't." i explained.

"they really wanna meet you it'll be fun i promise." audrey said with a sad smile. "the last time someone 'really wanted to meet me' i got humiliated remember." i said looking down.

"i would never let anyone hurt you, especially not my brother and his friends. plus his other friend just recently moved here maybe you guys are alike." she tried.

"tomorrow you don't interrupt me and you let me read in peace." i grumbled. "you got yourself a deal." audrey said smiling.

i checked out my book and said my goodbyes, "goodbye mrs- luna." mrs. gonza- luna smiled and waved at me as we walked out the doors. we made our way to a table.

"hey guys this is my best friend dakota." audrey said introducing me as i awkwardly waved. "hey dakota!, . . . is it true you don't talk?" audrey's brother asked.

my eyes widened and i looked over at audrey for help. the curly noodle haired boy next to him smacked the back of his head. "jack shut up! sorry about that." he said.

audrey shot me a sad smile. i nodded my head no and was gonna walk away when audrey forcefully sat me down next to her.

"dakota, this is my stupid brother jack, and his friends wyatt, jaeden, chosen, sophia, and this is finn the one who just moved here." audrey said stealing a fry from jack. i sat quietly and awkwardly not saying anything.

i pulled out my phone and headphones and plugged them in getting ready to listen to music. "what're you gonna listen to?" i heard a soft voice ask.

it caught me off guard definitely. i saw everyone staring at us especially audrey. "y-you probably don't k-know of t-them." i stuttered out quietly. "try me." he smiled sweetly.

"spend-spendtime p-palace." i said quietly. "are you kidding?! i love them." the boy said excitedly. "r-really?" i asked as i felt a small smile creeping up my face.

"yeah! do you mind if i?" he asked getting up sitting next to me and picking up the other earbud. "n-no go a-ahead." i said and pushed play on their album.

we were both nodding our head
to the beat as i looked
down and smiled
to myself, good job idiot