e i g h t .

a/n
sorry i've been DEAD but hi hello if you're still readying this trashy ass book ily 💘💖💓 enjoy this chapter !

i heard my window open but i stayed in my same position in the corner still quivering and trying not to cry. i heard soft footsteps hurriedly coming my way.

i was whispering things to myself telling my self how stupid i was and tugged at my hair even more. i couldn't hold it in anymore. i slowly let out some quiet cries.

"dakota." the soft and familiar voice said. i didn't respond but i stopped talking. i probably looked insane and maybe i was. all i knew is i was ashamed and embarrassed, finn was seeing me like this.

in my most vulnerable state

"princess, it's okay your fine i'm here now. i'll protect you okay?" he whispered pulling me into his arms. little whimpers escaped my mouth as i started to shake.

"princess take deep breaths, calm down for me . . . please." he said stroking my hair. i calmed down a little but thoughts were rushing through my head so quickly.

"say something- anything talk to me." he whispered his voice slightly cracking which broke me. "f-finn." i croaked. "what happened?" he asked sniffling.

"a-are you crying?" "we're not talking about me. i wanna make sure you're okay and safe." he told me. "y-you have to go l-like right n-now." i said knowing my mom would hear me talking.

"what? no i'm not leaving you." he said. i heard my moms footsteps coming up the stairs. "my moms about to come in my room you need to go. i-i'm not asking i'm t-telling you. finn please leave." i said gasping.

"i'm not letting her get close to you." "i'll get in trouble if she sees you. go now." i said untangling myself from his arms. "then you're coming with me." he said. "what? finn! i can't i'll get into more trouble-" "i promise dakota rose i'll keep you safe with everything i got." he said staring at me dead in the eyes.

everything happened so fast and before i knew it finn and i jumped out from my window and started running towards his house not once looking back.

once we reached his house my feet stayed planted in front of his door. "what's wrong?" he asked. "y-your parents." i croaked. "they don't care- they want you to be safe just like i do okay?" he said opening the door. i slowly nodded and walked into the house with him.

he took me to his room closing the door. we stayed there in silence not knowing what to say. "i-i-" "it's okay you don't have to say anything right now. all that matters is you're safe here and we'll sleep and talk tomorrow."

"i-i have no clothes to change i-into." i quietly said. he went into his closet pulling out a shirt and some sweats. he handed them to me with a soft smile.

i went inside his bathroom and i quickly changed coming back out. "you can sleep on my bed i already have a-" "sleep with me . . . please." i whispered. "of course."

i got on the bed finn going on the other side as well and he pulled the covers over us. he pulled me into his arms hesitantly and i let him. i buried my face into his chest and he kissed the top of my head.

"goodnight princess." he whispered. "goodnight." i croaked out. my eyelids became heavy and they soon closed causing me to fall into a deep sleep.

time skip

i felt someone touching my hair and i scrunched my nose up. i slowly opened my eyes and looked at finn. he was resting his head on his hand combing his fingers through my hair.

"good morning." he said looking down at me. "good morning." i replied, "what time is it?" "it's 10:30." finn said. i was fully awake now. my eyes shot open and i got up quickly.

"we're already late to school! you should've set an alarm- i should've set an alarm. oh no no no i need to go to school! audrey is probably worried sick. i've never missed a day of school in my life! finn-"

"woah woah woah slow down." finn said shooting up from bed and walking quickly towards me. he grabbed my clothes from my hands and set them back down.

"i don't think you understand-" "dakota, calm down. you needed to rest so i thought missing a day of school wouldn't hurt. my parents called the school it's okay." finn said holding my hands in his.

"yeah? well i can take care of myself." i said frowning dropping my hands from his gathering my clothes once again. "you're unstable don't you recall what happened last night?"

i stopped dead in my tracks and sighed deeply. "just call me insane- crazy even why don't you." i huffed. "dakota come on i didn't mean it like that- you know i didn't mean it like that." he sighed.

"you can't go back into your house. you aren't safe there- dakota please don't go." finn begged. "i'm p-perfectly fine. everything was just a m-m-misunderstanding. i-i tend to overdramatize things." i lied.

"no you don't. kota just stay here with me." he said. i looked up at him and saw his pained expression. i softened up a bit and i frowned slightly.

you did this. you don't deserve finn.

just leave him already so you won't be a burden to him anymore. i opened his door and ran out running to my house ignoring his yells for me to come back and stay with him.

i'm sorry finn wolfhard.
i'm a mess.