t e n .

dakota's pov

"bye audrey." i said shutting the door to her car. "don't have to much fun without me!" she yelled driving off. i silently giggled to myself as i approached finns doorstep.

i was getting ready to knock on the door but it swung open before i could. i was then engulfed in a tight hug. "dakota i missed you!" finn said burying his face into my hair. "finn" i giggled, "it's been like . . . not even a day."

"let me be extra and over dramatic please." he whined. "okay okay." i said. he pulled away and dragged me into his room. he softly closed the door behind him and sat down next to me on the bed.

"don't your parents get you in trouble for having your door closed?" i asked curiously. "why would they?" he shrugged. "maybe because i'm a girl and you're a teenage boy." i said in a duh tone.

"they know you and i are just friends." he said. "yeah, friends." i repeated.

time skip

"ooh! okay so i was thinking you me tomorrow early starbucks?" i suggested excitedly. "t-tomorrow?" he asked nervously. "yeah, you can't?" i asked confused.

"y-yeah i c-can." he said giving me a sad smile. "okay what's up you're acting weird?" i decided to bite the bullet and ask. "n-nothing's wrong." he stuttered.

"why are you stuttering then?" i investigated. "look at the time gotta go." he said. "idiot." i laughed. he weakly smiled at me. he seemed off i knew something was wrong but i decided not to push him.

"do you think we can go to the ice cream shop after school?" i suggested. finn looked like he was cringing and being annoyed with everything that came out of my mouth causing my self esteem to lower.

"s-sorry i'm talking so m-much i know i'm a-annoying." i said quietly. "no! princess you're far from annoying trust me i want to hear you talk endlessly . . . it's just- i-i . . . didn't expect-" "finn you have- hi dakota." finns mom said opening his door.

i audibly gulped and didn't know what to say.

what i said during dinner the other day she probably knows now. finn probably told her. what does she think?

i snapped back into reality as i realized finn and his mom were both staring at me. i mentally face palmed. you stupid idiot. answer! "h-h-h-hi." i stuttered.

she gave me a sorry smile and looked at me. "listen sweetie i know what you said at dinner, i just want to tell you our family and i want you to be safe okay? we can have you stay here and contact the police so-"

"no. you can't contact the police." i said cutting her off. "why not, we just want you to be safe." "it'll only make things worse." i quietly said. "it will make you safer. you can stay with us i don't mind. child abu-" "i have to go." i said getting up.

"wait? where are you going?" finn said holding onto my arm as i tried walking out of his room. "home . . . see you tomorrow." i mumbled walking out of his home.

its not child abuse.

lovely // finn wolfhard जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें